- 8 hrs ago Deficiency Of These Vitamins And Minerals Can Cause Insomnia
- 10 hrs ago COVID-19: Back-To-School Tips For Parents And Children
- 11 hrs ago Bunty Aur Babli 2: Rani Mukerji’s Poster Look Doesn't Quite Inspire Us To Get A Suit Stitched Like Hers
- 12 hrs ago Kriti Sanon’s Latest Fashion Lookbook Features A Traditional Net Lehenga And Smart Tan-Hued Airport Outfit
- News Amit Shah's J&K visit was necessary in aftermath of recent killings: Farooq Abdullah
- Sports Brighton and Hove Albion 1-4 Manchester City: Two-goal Foden inspires Guardiola's side
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan Reveals Kurup Release Date, Pens A Heartfelt Note
- Technology Redmi Note 11 Series Official Teaser Confirms 120Hz AMOLED Display; Pricing Details Also Leaked
- Travel Himachal Pradesh's Best Winter Destinations
- Finance HDFC Securities Gives Buy On A PSU Bank And Infra Stock
- Education ICSE, ISC Board Exams Revised Datesheet 2021-22 Released By CISCE, Check Time Table Here
- Automobiles Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
Many things can cause darkening of the skin tone, like sun damage and pollution. It is extremely difficult to have flawless skin in this day and age, skin that is free of all spots and unruly pigmentation. Often, after a day in the sun, we see patchy areas of the skin that are unevenly tanned. We rarely ever tan evenly don't we?
The first reaction to an uneven tan would be to go to the parlor for a detanning or even a bleaching session. But what if all the chemicals in parlor treatments do nothing but further damage your skin, the damage being permanent. The parlor treatment would give you only temporary results at a very hefty price. With really strong chemicals too.
Wouldn't life be a lot better if there were a few easier and safer methods to lighten the skin tone? Well, there are a lot of ways that are inexpensive, safe and easy. And the best part is that all of these ingredients can be easily found in most of your kitchens. So why spend all your money on parlor treatments when the odds say that you already have all the required ingredients to lighten your skin tone at home?
Lemon is a natural bleaching agent. In fact, it is often used to highlight the hair too. Apply the juice from a lemon all over the face and leave it on till it has completely dried up. Wash it off after that with cold water. Remember to do this only at night, as stepping out after this can cause really bad sun damage.
Tomato is a great source of vitamin C and hence can work as a very mild bleaching agent. This would take a lot more time to show results than the lemon would, but is very suitable for people with sensitive skin types. Cut slices of tomato and rub it all over your face and let the juice sit for a few minutes before washing it off.
Yogurt is a very gentle bleaching agent. It also has anti inflammatory properties and kills bacteria. It can even work well to cool down the skin. Apply the yogurt evenly all over the face and be sure that it doesn't get too runny. Wash it off when it has dried.
Honey, apart from being a great natural moisturiser, can remove dead skin cells naturally and therefore reveal perfectly glowing skin. This is a great method of exfoliation and lightening for people with sensitive skin.
Orange juice, can be a great bleaching agent due to the high vitamin C and citric acid content. Apply orange juice on your face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. This would gently bleach the skin to reveal brighter, clearer skin free of sun damage. Although it may sting just a tiny little bit.
Chickpea flour or besan, is an Indian secret skincare ingredient for easy removal of dead skin cells. A little bit of besan powder mixed with milk can help scrub away all the dead skin cells easily and give way to flawless fair skin!
Potato juice also works as a bleaching agent because it is a rich source of vitamin C. Cut up the potato into pieces and remove the skins. Rub the pieces of potato on the dark skin, and leave the juice there for 15-20 minutes. This method should be done twice a week.
Cucumber juice is great for lightening the skin tone. It is very mild and works as a great toner as well. Grate half a cucumber and apply it on the face. This can be done everyday too, as it is so gentle on the skin.