Healthy nails are vital to both our body and appearance. We cannot complete many of our daily tasks with chipped, broken and weak nails.
Unhealthy nails also look drab and unpleasant. This can be a problem, especially if you have to attend an event. Imagine you are dressed in your best clothes, but your nails are chipped and yellow!
Manicures are a good way to keep your nails healthy and also look good. There are over 10 types of popular manicure treatments that are available at various saloons.
Going to a saloon to get a basic or French manicure is extremely easy and convenient. Saloons take care of all our nail needs. The downside is that saloons charge exorbitant rates for even basic manicures.
Gel-based nail treatments are relatively new, which makes them all the more expensive. Such nail treatments when done at these saloons use drying and curing techniques.
These methods ensure maximum durability of the nail polish. However, such techniques also make it tough to change the nail polish on your own.
What's the next best solution to get wow nails, without spending a pile of cash? If you are a Do-It-Yourself kind of a girl and want to save money, then continue reading.
Listed below are a few resourceful ways to do a beautiful gel-based manicure on your own, have a look.
Benefits Of A Home Gel-based Manicure
- Easy on your pocket
- Quick to complete
- You can change the nail polish easily as and when you wish to
Tools You Will Need
- A mild face wash
- 2 bowls of warm water
- A soft towel
- Nail polish remover
- Cotton balls
- Nail filer and nail buffer
- Cuticle remover cream
- Cuticle pusher
- Callous remover
- Cocoa butter-based hand moisturiser
- Base coat
- Gel nail polish - Any leading brand
- Embellishments and gel
Method To Follow:
- Remove any old nail polish from your nails. Use a nail polish remover as per your skin type and nail strength. Acetone-based nail polish removers are harsh, but they get the job well done and quickly.
- Clip nails, if needed use an in-grown nail cutter. File nails into the desired shape. Buff and shine your nails to get a good finish.
- Add a few drops of your face cleanser into the water. Soak your hands in the warm water for about 2-3 minutes.
- Apply the cuticle remover cream on the skin present around the nails. Carefully use the cuticle pusher to remove the extra skin around your nails. Avoid digging into your skin too deep.
- Moisturise your hands with a cocoa butter-based cream. Use a cotton ball to wipe off any extra cream around your nails.
- Apply a single layer of the transparent base coat. Wait for 10 minutes and allow it to dry fully.
- Apply the selected colour of the gel nail polish. Apply a maximum of 2 coats with a 10 minutes gap. A top coat is not needed and recommended for gel-based nail manicures.
- Let the nail polish naturally dry for 25-30 minutes.
- Add embellishments and glitter, after an additional 30 minutes. While adding rhinestones and charms, use a gel-based gluing liquid specially meant for nails.
- Enjoy your beautiful gel nail polish manicure and show it off in style.
Also Read: Easy Tips For The Perfect Manicure At Home
Also Read: Manicure Mistakes To Avoid