From acne-reducing, skin-firming to moisturizer-infusing packs, when it comes to face mask, it is like looking for a needle in a stack of hay; there are just too many.
Which one of your skin issues should you address first? How long should you keep your mask on? Are some natural ingredients toxic too? There are quite a few questions to battle through.
Let's start by answering your most basic question. As most of your skin issues stem from accumulated impurities within the pores, start off with a cleansing mask, before proceeding to address your specific skin condition.
Also Read: Lemon Recipes For A Clear & Glowing Face!
Whether you have dry or combination skin, an ideal time to leave the pack on is 15 to 20 minutes; anything more can leave your skin either excessively dry or oily.
Be it natural ingredients or chemical-based products, always patch-test before using to eliminate any risk of allergies.
And now, coming down to the cleansing mask, we did quite a bit of research and the only ingredient that has proven to work like charm in cleansing your skin of impurities is charcoal.
Here is a DIY activated charcoal face mask to remove dirt and impurities from the skin!
Why charcoal, you ask? Activated charcoal is a super-porous ingredient that works like magnet in drawing out impurities from the skin. It not just removes toxins from the skin, but also works in firming it up.
Another ingredient in our pack is green clay, which being packed with essential minerals, iron-oxide and seaweed, exfoliates dead skin cells, tones the skin and reduces acne.
Adding essential oils of your choice to the pack is a good idea as it replenishes the skin of its lost moisture, leaving your skin soft and supple.
Also Read: Best Exfoliating Face Masks To Use
- 1 Capsule of activated charcoal
- 1 Tablespoon of green clay or any ordinary clay
- A few drops of essential oil of your choice
Direction To Use
In a bowl, mix activated charcoal with clay, essential oils and water to get a smooth consistency.
On a clean face, apply a thin layer of the mask using a brush. Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes. Once you feel your skin tighten, wash off the mask with cold water.
Follow it up with a soothing moisturiser.
Wash off your face immediately if you feel any skin irritation. If you have information about any more beauty masks to rejuvenate the skin, do add it to the comment section below.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- The First Sound From Mars — A Truly Special Acoustic Experience
- Hockey World Cup 2018: India Vs Canada: Live Updates & Highlights
- 8 Apps That You Should Probably Delete From Your Smartphone
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Planning A High-Altitude Trekking? — Here's What You Should Know
- Banking Services On WhatsApp Are Catching Up
- A Woman Died Within Few Hours Of Giving Birth, But Saved 50 Lives!
- Katrina Opens Up About Attending Deepika-Ranveer's Reception