If you are looking to infuse life back into your dry, dull, dead and dud skin, we have one suggestion for you - aloe vera face mask.
If you have been using aloe vera in your skin care routine, you know exactly what it can do, but if you are not, you may be missing out on something.
Aloe vera happens to be a powerhouse of skin-loving properties that can literally transform your skin. From fine lines, acne, ageing spots to uneven skin tone, aloe vera can take care of just about anything!
Succulent aloe vera contains polysaccharides, lectins and mannan compound, which penetrate deep into the skin layers, rejuvenate skin, promote the skin's regeneration process and help slow down the ageing process.
Not just that, aloe vera contains skin-essential vitamins and minerals that bolster the skin's collagen level, which in turn improves skin's elasticity, beating fine lines and wrinkles.
Added to that, aloe vera contains more antioxidants than any herbal plant you can get your hands on, which not just rejuvenates skin, but also is gentle, making it suitable for all skin types.
Wondering how you haven't been using the magical plant hitherto? So, are we!
Now, this is what you need to do, as here are some homemade aloe vera face mask recipes your skin will thank you for!
Skin Lightening Mask
- Take a tablespoon of freshly extracted aloe vera gel and mix it with half a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Beat until all the ingredients blend well.
- Cleanse your face and apply the mask.
- Let it sit for 15 to 30 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
Soothing Anti-Acne Mask
- Take a tablespoon of freshly extracted aloe vera gel and mix it with an equal quantity of raw honey.
- Using a spoon, mix it until it blends well.
- Cleanse your face with a mild cleanser and apply the mask.
- Let the mask sit until your skin starts stretching.
- Later, wash off the Ayurvedic aloe vera mask, for glowing skin, with plain water.
- Here is another simple tip on how to use aloe vera on skin, which you will thank us for.
- Simply take a bowl, add a teaspoon of aloe vera gel with 5 drops of almond oil.
- Massage it to your skin in an upward stroke for five minutes.
- Let the mask sit overnight and wash off in the morning.
- Follow this remedy every night to beat the signs of ageing.
- Take a teaspoon of sugar, mix it with 1 teaspoon of raw milk and 2 tablespoons of freshly extracted aloe vera gel.
- Using a fork, beat the ingredients repeatedly, until they blend completely together.
- Cleanse your face and when it is still lightly moist, apply the mask.
- Let the DIY aloe vera face mask sit for about 15 to 30 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
- Take a handful of basil and mogra leaves, and using a little water, grind it into a fine paste.
- Add a tablespoon of aloe vera gel to the mask and mix until all the ingredients blend well.
- Apply the mask to your face and neck.
- Wait till it dries, before scrubbing and rinsing it off.
- Take a tablespoon of orange peel powder, mix in 10 drops of lemon juice and a tablespoon of freshly extracted aloe vera gel.
- Mix all the ingredients together, until you get a smooth paste.
- Cleanse your face and apply a thin coat of the mask.
- Wait till it dries, before cleansing it with lukewarm water.
- Follow it up with a light moisturiser.