- 6 hrs ago COVID-19 Vaccine Slot Finder: Find COVID-19 Vaccine Slots In Your Area Using These Websites
- 8 hrs ago Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Gauahar Khan Looks Gorgeous In Her Festive-Perfect Mulmul Kurta Set; Know The Price!
- 9 hrs ago Mother’s Day Special: 7 Products, 7 Minutes! Daily Makeup Routine For Busy Working Moms
- 11 hrs ago Mother’s Day 2021: Ayurvedic Herbs For Mothers For Lactation, Perineal Pain, Stretch Marks And More
- Sports I wanted shooters to train in safe environment: Rijiju on Croatia tour
- Technology Realme Narzo 30 Slated For May 13 Launch; Unboxing Video Reveals Design, Specifications
- News 7-year-old lion dies at Delhi zoo
- Movies Rajasthan Lockdown: Pandya Store And Other TV Shoots May Get Suspended! Exclusive
- Finance CBDT Made Available Offline Utility Of ITR 1 & 4, Check Steps To File
- Automobiles Hyundai Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh Benefits On Select Models
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Saffron is an extremely expensive Indian spice, mostly used in cooking to lend an interesting aroma to the food. It is often referred to as 'kesar' in hindi. It's unique taste and aroma, makes it a popular choice as an additive to foods and even refreshing beverages.
Apart from adding an amazing flavour to food items, saffron also has a lot of health benefits. It helps with the digestive system, and even with cardiovascular diseases. It is drunk mixed with milk by many people to ensure good health. Saffron has become world famous due to it's medicinal properties.
It is used as a spice for the overall well being of the body. It is said to prevent diseases in all parts of the body, due to some chemical compounds present in it. Saffron can also be used as a healing herb and even for detoxification. It is even used as an anti depressant, as it increases serotonin levels in the body. Many people even use it for weight loss. Saffron oil is used the world over to reduce obesity and get the body back into shape.
Apart from the health benefits, saffron has amazing beauty benefits as well.
Saffron has antimicrobial properties and is also a great exfoliant, which are both necessary for clearing up the skin. Make a paste out of saffron, rose water and basil leaves. Apply this paste all over your face. And then wash off with cold water. This will make all acne scars fade away gradually.
Similarly, it can also be used for pigmentation. Just mix saffron strands with turmeric powder and a little milk. Turmeric, also being a powerful lightening agent works together with saffron to reduce pigmentation. Make sure you use this twice a week for best results.
You must have seen ads of creams containing saffron as an ingredient for fairness. A pack made of saffron and milk used everyday can achieve the very results that these creams do. That too at less than half the price.
To achieve brighter, glowing skin, an easy face pack with saffron strands, sandalwood paste and rose water can be made. Apply the paste on your face and wash off to reveal a naturally glowing skin.
Mix saffron strands with a little honey and use this on the face. Honey breaks down dead skin cells while also providing moisture to the skin. Saffron also works as an exfoliant.
Make a mixture of rose water, saffron, sugar and coconut oil and apply it on the under eye area. Leave it on for a few minutes. This will freshen up the under eye area instantly.
Soak a few strands of saffron in rose water overnight. Use this as a toner after scrubbing the next day using a cotton ball.
Dry skin treatment
Make a mixture of lemon juice and saffron. The lemon juice would cleanse your skin from deep within while the saffron would provide brightness and luminosity.