- 5 hrs ago Sonakshi Sinha, Karisma Kapoor, And Other Divas Flaunt Party Outfits At This Party
- 6 hrs ago On Zeenat Aman's Birthday, The Actress Whose Fashion Was Beyond The Conformist Narrative
- 6 hrs ago Copaiba Oil: Health Benefits, Risks And How To Use
- 7 hrs ago Urvashi Rautela's Perfect Glossy Pout And Pretty Half Updo Hairstyle Are Something You Can't Miss
- Movies When Katrina Kaif Left Salman Khan Blushing!
- Sports 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers, India vs Oman: India go down by a solitary goal in Muscat
- Technology 99% of Xiaomi Smartphones Sold In India Are Made In The Country
- News Pak court to announce judgement in treason case against Pervez Musharraf on Nov 28
- Automobiles MotoGP Repsol Honda Team Signs Alex Marquez For 2020 Season: Will Race With Marc Marquez
- Travel Overtourism – Why It Matters, The Destinations Affected And How To Combat It
- Finance Job Creation Growth In India Slowed Down In Last 2 Years: CARE Ratings
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Beauty products are inevitable part of a woman’s life. It is sure that you will get instant result while using commercially available beauty enhancement products. But, it is important to know that there are many toxic ingredients in these beauty products that can cause moderate to severe health problems.
Beauty products contain chemical agents for increasing shelf life, to enhance effect, to add fragrance and to give colour. It is good to realise that companies aim at profit and not at your health. These toxic ingredients in cosmetics are usually found in shampoo bottles, face cleaners, foundation and almost all other beauty products.
Chemicals present in products that last for longer time on skin is more harmful. Skin will always act as a sponge, soaking up all that is applied on the surface, so this will mean all the chemicals are also taken in.
It is important to educate yourself on these chemicals and understand what is harmful to your skin and the body. Use natural products that are safe. So, when you are buying these products the next time you can look for the following toxic chemicals in beauty products.
To start off with, the very first thing that you need to be concerned with is bisphenol, which is a chemical commonly found in plastics. This is harmful to the body as it can alter the fat cells when it interacts with the insulin. So this will result in obesity, as these toxic ingredients in beauty products, will produce more fat and also increase the cell size.
Formaldehyde is the chemical that is very commonly used in preserving cells. But this has a very opposite action to the endocrine system. This system is responsible for the secretion of the hormones in the body. Formaldehyde is found in products like nail polish, which we put on the nail and in the process on the cuticles.
These harmful toxic ingredients in beauty products includes parabens. When you are educating yourself, remember to focus not only on the exact chemical, but also on the derivatives. This has drastic effect on the estrogen of the body, resulting in a lower body fat, PMS, endometriosis, ovarian cysts and many more. This will result in problems associated with hormonal imbalance.
These are endocrine-disrupting chemicals, which will interfere with the action of the natural hormone like estrogen. Water bottles, soaps, shampoos, cosmetics all are made of these chemicals. Studies have shown that men who have this in their blood stream also have abdominal obesity and insulin resistance. This will result ultimately in infertility.
DEA is an emulsifier which is used in shampoos and soaps. Though these are rinsed off from the skin, this still lingers on the skin. There are effects which causes skin and eye irritation. These toxic ingredients in beauty products can cause long-term consequences as they can stay longer in contact with the skin.
This is a very prolific toxin, and is found in almost every skin care products, even in baby shampoos, tanning lotions, mascara and so on. There are studies that show that the chemical is related to cancer.