- 10 hrs ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- 11 hrs ago Daughters Day 2019: 7 Ways How A Liberal Upbringing Can Help Daughters To Become Strong Women
- 11 hrs ago Navratri 2019: Messages & Greetings To Send To Your Loved Ones
- 12 hrs ago Saif Ali Khan And Soha Ali Khan Inspire Us To Wear Understated Outfits This Durga Puja
- News SAIL Jobs: SAIL recruitment 2019 notification download for 463 openings; Direct link to apply online
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale: Best Smartphones Priced Under Rs. 3,999
- Automobiles Gaurav Gill Involved In An Accident During The INRC At Jodhpur: Three Dead Including A Minor
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
A black smokey eye look is a classic make-up look that is the go-to look for many of us. Despite being a staple look, most of us don't realise the potential of a smokey eye and the intensity and depth it can provide to your look. Rakul Preet, in her recent post on Instagram, adorned a glittery black smokey eye look and looked absolutely phenomenal. Let's take a closer look at her look.
Rakul Preet kept her make-up the usual for the most part. A few touches here and there and intensifying the colours used made a lot of difference on how the look turned out. Her make-up artist, Chakravarthi Kadali went for a dewy and luminous base which was then sculpted with well-contoured cheekbones, nose and jawline. Her eye make-up was the star of the show which was a glittery black smokey eye. Filled-in brows, a glossy nude lip and highlighted high points of the face rounded off her look.
Her hair was impeccably styled by the hairstylist, Tina Mukherjee in rich and voluminous loose curls that fell over one of her shoulders. She wore this look with a dark grey embellished saree. Her make-up complimented her look superbly and she carried the look effortlessly. We loved everything about the look.
And if you loved the look as well and want to recreate it, here is how you can do that.
Rakul Preet's Glittery Smokey Eye Look
What you need
- Dewy foundation
- Setting spray
- Brown eyeshadow
- Black Eyeshadow
- White eyeshadow
- Glittery silver eyeshadow
- Black eyeliner
- False eyelashes
- Eyebrow pencil
- Glossy brown lipstick
- Beauty blender
- Fluffy eyeshadow brush
- Face contour brush
- Small contour brush
- Setting spray
Steps to recreate the look
- Prime the T-zone of your face. This helps to cover the skin pores and the make-up to glide smoothly. Allow the primer to get absorbed into your skin for a couple of minutes.
- Apply the foundation on your face and blend it in using a damp beauty blender.
- Apply the concealer under your eyes in an inverted-triangle shape and blend it in using a damp beauty blender.
- Set the concealer with some setting powder to prevent it from creasing.
- Dip the face contour brush in the contour palette and use it to contour your cheekbones and jawline.
- Next, using the small contour brush, contour your nose with a very light hand.
- Define and fill in your eyebrows using the eyebrow pencil.
- Moving to the eyes, apply the brown eyeshadow all over your lid and blend well.
- Now apply the black eyeshadow all over the lid. Blend well to get rid of any harsh edges. Layer on the eyeshadow until you reach the intensity that you desire.
- Apply some white eyeshadow on the inner corners of your eyes.
- Take the silver eyeshadow on a brush, tap off the excess and gently brush it over your eyeshadow.
- Using the black eyeliner, tightline your eyes and line your lower waterline as well.
- Apply a coat of mascara on your eyeshade and stick a pair of false lashes to it.
- Apply the highlighter on the high points of your face. These are your cheekbones, the tip and bridge of your nose and your cupid's bow.
- Finish off the look by applying the lipstick on your lips.
- Spritz some setting spray on your face to keep the make-up in place.