- 1 hr ago Christmas 2022: How To Prepare Power-packed Mung Bean & Tofu Salad Recipe
- 6 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 04 December To 10 December 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- 8 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 04 December 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 15 hrs ago Do You Walk Every Day? Here Are 10 Common Walking Mistakes To Avoid
- Movies Late Actress Pratyusha Banerjee’s Beau Rahul Raj Singh Set To Welcome 1st Baby In Feb 2023: It Feels Surreal
- Education DU PG Admission 2022: Registration against the first merit list will be closed tomorrow
- Sports Who Is Kuldeep Sen? A barber's son becomes 250th player to play for India in ODIs
- Finance Sitharaman To Address Revenue, Intelligence Officers On Monday
- News 'Trust my friend PM Modi', says French President Macron as India takes over G20 Presidency
- Automobiles 2023 BMW S 1000 RR Showcased At IBW 2022 – Launch On December 10
- Technology Oppo Find N2 Flip Digital Render Surfaces After A Leaked Video
- Travel Indian Dentist Set A World Record For The Fastest Travel On Foot From Leh To Manali, Read About Mahendra Mah
Concealer is an important and vital part of a make-up look. No make-up look is complete without the powerful backing of a concealer. It gives the make-up a flawless finish and saves us the trouble of worrying about those nasty dark circles or the blemishes that may dampen our confidence.
Concealers have so long been used by professional make-up artists. But with the boom in the make-up industry, it has now reached the common folks like us and amazed us with what all it can be used for. We are excited to try it. However, after our purchase, many of us are disappointed mainly because we got the wrong shade of the product.
So, today, we go back to the basics and see how a concealer works and how to pick the right shade of your concealer.
What Is A Concealer Used For?
As the name suggests, a concealer is used to conceal all that you want to. It is kind of a make-up eraser for your face. Mainly used to hide dark circles, a concealer can also also be used to hide age spots, pimple marks, blemishes and male your face look flawless. It has a thicker consistency than a foundation and requires precise application with great blending skills.
Recommended Read: Different Types Of Concealers You Can Choose From
How To Pick The Right Shade Of Concealer?
Concealer is an instant solution for you. But for it to work smoothly, it is important that you get the right shade of concealer. Let us now see how to pick the right shade of concealer.
How to pick the right shade of concealer for the under-eye area
When you apply the concealer under your eyes, you are servicing two purposes. First, to hide your dark circles. Second, to highlight the under-eye area. For both of these, you need a concealer a shade or two lighter than your skin tone.
To check the shade, apply the concealer on your cheekbones and pick the one lighter than your natural skin shade.
How to pick the right shade of concealer for blemishes
Another important use of concealer is on the face to hide any spots and blemishes. For this you need a shade of concealer that matches exactly with your skin tone.
To check the shade, apply the concealer on any spot on your face. Choose the concealer that hides the spot in the most natural way.
Recommended Read: Contour Versus Concealer - Basics You Need To Note
How to pick the right shade of concealer to hide the veins
Lastly, you can hide those blue and purple veins under your eyes and on your eyelids quite effectively using a concealer in the right shade.
To check the shade, apply the concealer on the veins inside of your wrists. Pick the shade that covers the veins completely.
How To Apply Concealer
No matter the type of concealer you use, the method of application is the same. While most people apply the concealer after the foundation, there are many who apply it before the foundation. It really is a personal choice. You can apply the concealer as per your preference. However, for those who use power foundation, applying the concealer before the foundation is the best choice. A liquid on top of powder never really works. Now, let's see how to apply the concealer.
- Prime and moisturise your face.
- Apply the foundation, if that is your preference.
- For the under-eye area, apply the concealer under your eyes in an inverter-triangle shape.
- Use a damp beauty blender or a concealer brush to blend it in.
- For the spots and blemishes, spot concealer the areas and blend well.
- The next step is to set the concealer. If not set, the concealer can crack after a few hours. So, after you blend the concealer, set it using the setting powder and you are done!
Recommended Read: Concealer Hacks That Will Change Your Makeup Game
- make up tipsColour Correcting Concealers: Latest Beauty Trend To Get The Flawless Look
- make up tipsMother’s Day Special: 7 Products, 7 Minutes! Daily Makeup Routine For Busy Working Moms
- make up tipsQuick And Easy Makeup Routine With Only 5 Makeup Products
- make up tipsConcealer Tips And Tricks That Will Change Your Make-up Game
- make up tipsBought The Wrong Shade Of Foundation Or Concealer? Here Is What You Can Do About It
- beauty5 Ways To Apply Concealer Like A Pro!
- make up tipsThe Dos And Don’ts Of Makeup Application
- make up tipsSimple Makeup Tricks To Make Your Eyes Look Big
- make up tipsContour Versus Concealer – Basics You Need To Note
- make up tips10 Kinds Of Face Makeup Essentials For Every Indian Bride
- make up tipsConcealer Hacks That Will Change Your Makeup Game
- make up tipsDifferent Types Of Concealers You Can Choose From