- 40 min ago Miss India 2022: Sini Shetty From Karnataka Wins The Beauty Pageant
- 14 hrs ago Expert Article: Receded Gums, Its Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 16 hrs ago July 2022: Numerological Predictions For This Month
- 19 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 02 July To 09 July 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- Sports Wimbledon: Sinner labels Alcaraz triumph one of his best after sinking Spanish star's hopes
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 12 Episode 2 Highlights: Erika Packard Gets Eliminated From The Rohit Shetty Show
- News Denmark: Several people shot at Copenhagen shopping mall, police say
- Education PSEB Class 10th Result 2022 : Punjab Board Likely To Declare 10th Results In First Week Of July
- Technology Week 26, 2022 Launch Roundup: OnePlus Nord 2T, Samsung Galaxy XCover6 Pro, Nokia G11 Plus, And More
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Himalayan Gets Two New Colour Options
- Finance Gold Rates Increase Around Rs. 1350 In India In Past 2 Days: See Why?
- Travel Some Great Tips For Mothers Traveling With Infants And Children
The process of make-up application is hard enough and keeping it flawless, especially on dry skin, makes it even more difficult. A flawless make-up is one that is well-blended and absorbed into the skin. When you have dry skin, the make-up collects on your skin instead, making it look patchy and flaky. Not to worry. It is nothing that can't be fixed. With the right technique and products, you can get the fight the dry skin woes and get a flawless make-up. In this article, we tell you how to apply make-up for dry skin.
How To Apply Make-up For Dry Skin
Step 1: Moisturise well
Dry skin needs moisturisation to get the flawless finish. Beat the dryness by moisturising your skin well before you put on make-up. Get a moisturiser suitable for dry skin. Apply it generously on your face and neck. Allow it to get absorbed into your skin before moving on with the make-up application.
Step 2: Put on some lip balm
Putting lipstick on dry and chapped lips can ruin your entire look. Just after you apply the moisturiser, put on a nourishing lip balm. By the time you are done with your make-up, your lips will be soft, supple and ready for application.
Step 3: Wear a hydrating primer
Priming is important, especially if you have dry skin. It gives you a smoother canvas to work on and helps to glide the make-up smoothly. It also makes your make-up last longer. So, prime the T-zone of your face and your eyes(use an eye primer for that) and use dabbing motions to blend it in.
Step 4: Foundation that is dry skin specific
After the primer has settled in your skin, apply foundation on your face and neck. Look for the foundation that is suitable for dry skin. A foundation for dry skin is more moisturising and not only does it last longer but also prevent the dry patches on the face.
Step 5: Find concealer for dry skin
Next, conceal your dark circles using a liquid concealer that is meant for dry skin. Use a damp beauty blender to blend the concealer. If you don't have dark circles or blemishes, try to avoid concealer.
Step 6: Setting powder, if you use concealer
The concealer needs to set with a setting powder or it will crease. So, if you have used concealer, use the setting powder to set it in place. Don't go hard with setting powder.
Step 7: Setting spray for the nourishment
After you have put foundation and concealer, to add to the moisture and prevent the base from becoming patchy, spray some setting spray on your face and allow it to get absorbed into your skin.
Step 8: Use liquid blush
Blush brightens your face and adds a soft flush to your cheeks. For your dry skin, liquid blush is the best. It beats the dry cheeks and is long-lasting. Just place it on the apples of your cheeks and use the beauty blender or your fingertips to blend it in.
Step 9: Liquid/Cream highlighter adds to the charm
Highlighting the face makes the look dewy and adds a natural glow to it. For dry skin, that is the exact look you want to go for. Dot a few drops of the highlighter on your cheekbones and use your fingertips to blend it in.
Step 10: No matte lipsticks
Stay away from matte lipsticks. Put on a semi-matte or glossy lipstick on your lips. If you are going for a semi-matte lipstick, top it off with some clear gloss.
Step 11: Setting spray to set the face
Your last step is spritzing some setting spray on your face. It meshes everything together, sets the make-up in place and adds hydration to your face.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Should I use powder if I have dry skin?
A. No. Avoid power products as much as possible. Powder balances the natural oil production of the skin and prevents the product from moving. And that is not much of an issue with dry skin.
Q. Why does my makeup look dry and flaky?
A. Check the ingredients of the products you use. Silicon-based products exaggerate the dry patches. Use water-based products instead and boost up the moisturisation.
Q. How do I keep my makeup from looking dry?
A. Moisturise well before your make-up and use a face mist throughout the day to refresh your make-up.
Q. Is pressed foundation better for dry skin?
A. No. The pressed foundation is not ideal to use for dry skin. Use a liquid foundation for a dewy and flawless finish.
Q. Can I mix my foundation with my moisturizer?
A. Yes. Foundation mixed with moisturiser blends better and hydrates the skin. It also is a great idea if you want a foundation with one less shade.
- skin careQuick Makeup Tips For Dry, Flaky Skin
- skin care8 Tomato Masks For Minor Skin Conditions Like Dryness, Dullness, Acne Etc.
- skin careIs Taking A Hot Water Shower Daily Good For Your Skin? 7 Reasons It May Not Be A Good Idea
- skin careSay Goodbye To Dry Skin This Winter Season: 11 Tips And Tricks
- body care7 Awesome And Easy Ways Of Treating Problems Associated With Dry Skin In Winters
- disorders cureWhat Is Winter Rash? Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors And Treatments
- skin careUse These Home Remedies To Beat The Most Common Winter Skin Problems
- body careHow To Use Pumice Stone To Heal Dry And Cracked Feet
- body care7 Home Remedies For Dry Skin On Hands
- hair careFungal Infection On Scalp A Cause Of Concern? Here Are Some Effective Remedies To Treat It
- skin careThese DIY Banana Peel Face Masks Are The Answer To Your Various Skin Issues
- skin care10 Body Scrubs To Get Rid Of Dry Winter Skin