- 2 hrs ago Born In August: What Does Your Personality Trait Say About You?
- 3 hrs ago Maharashtra: Thane Records 978 New Covid-19 Cases; Active Tally At 5,634
- 4 hrs ago India Emerged Successfully In The Management Of Covid-19 Pandemic: Mansukh Mandaviya
- 4 hrs ago Mercury Transit In Gemini On 02 July 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- Sports India vs England 5th Test: Ben Foakes tests positive for Covid-19, English stumper doubtful for Edgbaston Test
- Education SBI CBO Final Result 2022 Released, Download SBI Circle Based Officer 2022 Final Result PDF At sbi.co.in
- Finance Demand For Steel To Remain Robust: CareEdge Research
- News Bypolls: AAP bags Delhi's Rajinder Nagar
- Technology Week 25, 2022 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy F13, Tecno POVA 3, POCO X4 GT, iQOO U5e, Xiaomi Book S, And More
- Movies Dekha Ek Khwaab Fame Shritama Mukherjee Ties The Knot With Boyfriend Akash Sahni
- Automobiles Ford India Extends Production At Its Chennai Facility Amidst Protest
- Travel 5 Best Easy Long Weekend Getaways From Delhi
If you like wearing make-up, you might know and understand the importance of using all the products correctly. As you might already know, make-up consists of various products like eyeshadow, eyeliner, blush, concealer, foundation, lipstick, bronzer, and a mascara.
And it is essential that we apply these products correctly so that our make-up looks good and our face does not look cakey or older.
Listed below are some mascara mistakes that you make.
1. Applying Mascara To Your Top Lashes Before The Bottom Ones
When you apply mascara to your upper lashes first and then move on to apply to your lower lashes, it might result in the mascara on the upper lashes getting smudged. To avoid that, always apply mascara to your lower lashes first and then move on to the top ones.
2. Pumping Your Mascara Wand
Well if you do, it will dry out your mascara faster and will allow too much air to get into the mascara tube, thus causing clumpy lashes.
3. Curling Lashes After Applying Mascara
If you too curl your lashes after applying your mascara, you are doing it all wrong. Always curl your lashes first using an eyelash curler and then proceed to apply the mascara.
4. Putting Mascara On One Side Of The Lashes
If you too are putting mascara to only one side of your lashes, you tend to lose the curl due to the excessive weight applied on your lashes. To avoid that, always apply the mascara to your entire eyelashes.
5. Applying Mascara Upwards
Ideally, when people apply mascara, they tend to sweep the wand upwards to get that curl. However, that is a completely wrong way of applying the mascara. Always hold the mascara wand below the lashes and simply wiggle it from side to side to apply it correctly.
6. Sharing The Same Mascara
Well, no! You should never share your mascara wand with others. Same goes for lipstick as well. Whether it is your BFF or your college mate, sharing mascara and using the same wand as others is an easy way of spreading germs that can lead to an eye infection. Now, that isn't something you would want, right?
7. Using Same Mascara Bottle For A Long Time
Some might think that using the same mascara bottle for a long time is a good idea. But, it's not! Make-up products can easily carry bacteria, thus causing infection. It is, therefore, advisable that you keep changing your make-up products from time to time to avoid any infections or another sort of discomfort. Also, checking for the expiration date of the products is another safe way to avoid any infections.
8. Skipping Concealer On Eyelids
This is something most of us do. And, it's a mistake! Mascara has a high possibility of smudging when it's wet. Therefore, it is always a better idea to apply some concealer after and before applying the mascara.
9. Trying To Coat The Roots Of Your Lashes With The Wand
Well, if you do this, stop it immediately. Trying to desperately coat the roots of your lashes with your mascara wand can mess it up at times. For that, always use a flat brush to apply mascara to the roots of your lashes without the risk of it smudging and spoiling your look.
10. Sleeping With Mascara On
If you do, you might need to make some changes in your routine. To avoid any breakage or damage to your lashes due to every day and constant application of mascara, it is essential that you remove the mascara before going to bed. Also, it is a good habit to condition your lashes regularly by applying some coconut or olive oil.
- make up tipsOn Suhana Khan’s Birthday, Her 3 Makeup Looks That Proves Accentuating ‘One’ Feature Can Get You Perfect Look
- make up tipsMother’s Day Special: 7 Products, 7 Minutes! Daily Makeup Routine For Busy Working Moms
- make up tipsQuick And Easy Makeup Routine With Only 5 Makeup Products
- make up tips5 Major Beauty Lessons To Take From Kylie Jenner’s Instagram Feed
- make up tipsWhen To Throw Out Your Makeup
- make up tipsMakeup Products Every College-going Girl Should Own
- wellnessThese Things That You Use Every Day Can Harm Your Health In The Long Run
- make up tipsDIY: Easy Mascara Recipes To Try
- make up tipsMascara Hacks For Your Eyelashes To Look Big, Bright And Bold
- make up tipsDifferent Types Of Mascara Wands You Should Know About
- make up tipsTricks To Set Your Makeup Fast
- make up tipsChoosing The Right Kind Of Mascara For Your Lashes