Sometimes, we make a big mistake by choosing the wrong colours, formulas, and products while applying makeup during the daytime. The main purpose of applying makeup during daytime is to cover blemishes, scars, wrinkles, dark spots, dark circles, etc., and look prettier and fresh.
Choosing the wrong formulas can make you look tired and out of place, but we can help you look simple and beautiful.
Makeup you wear during daytime is very different as compared to the makeup you wear during the evening. Daytime makeup should be more light and subtler. You will not look good if you opt for a smoky look during the daytime, or apply a heavy makeup.
Daytime makeup is subtler than evening makeup. You wouldn't want to look very loud and bold when you step out in the sun. Also, you would want to make your makeup last on your face for a long time, without it sliding off from your face.
In this article, you will be able to understand the kind of products and makeup you should be using during daytime. So, let's take a look.
Wash Your Face:
Before applying makeup, it is very important to wash your face because this cleans away all the impurities and dirt that's on your face. Make sure you use a gentle cream or a face cleanser.
Rub the face cleanser on your face and rub it in a circular motion for 30 seconds. Once that's done, gently wash it off with lukewarm water. Pat dry with a clean towel.
Moisturize Your Skin:
Apply a moisturizer that's best suited for your skin type. Moisturizer will help give a good foundation for the makeup. It will let the makeup stay on the face for a long time and also provide a smooth base, so that you will be able to apply your makeup with ease. Massage the moisturizer on your face, neck, lips, eyelids, and nose. Wait till the moisturizer seeps into your skin before you apply your makeup.
Sunscreen Is A Must:
Sunscreen is important all year-round and it protects you from the harmful UV rays of the sun. Always choose a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a minimum of 15 SPF. Apply it generously on your face and neck. Sunscreen helps your skin from premature ageing, wrinkles, dark spots, freckles, etc.
Apply A Face Primer:
Primer isn't necessary if you are applying little makeup, but it will help your makeup stay longer if you plan to wear more makeup. The main purpose of primer is to give the skin a smoother base and also it fills in wrinkles, spots, creases, and controls oil.
Dab a small amount of primer on your face and gently rub it with your index finger.
Use A Foundation That Matches Your Skin Tone:
It is very important to choose a foundation that matches your skin tone. If you have an oily skin, then liquid foundation is the best choice for you. Opt for powder foundation or a compact powder if you have an oily skin. Foundations help to even out the skin tone and cover any discolorations on the skin.
How To Apply:
Apply a thin layer of foundation all over your face with the help of a sponge or your fingers.
Do not add extra layers of foundation over blemishes, as it will only make them more prominent.
Before you buy your foundation, dab a little bit of foundation on your jaw bone just to make sure the foundation matches your skin colour.
Do not apply it on the back of your hand, as the colour of your hand is different from your face.
Use A Concealer:
Choose a concealer that matches your skin tone. If you have dark circles under your eyes, then go for one shade lighter. Concealer also covers pigmentation, blemishes, redness, etc.
How To Apply:
Dab a small amount of concealer under your eyes and on the blemishes.
Blend it properly with your fingertips.
This is an optional step; but if you want your foundation and concealer to stay in place, then apply a thin layer of powder with the help of a fluffy brush. This will give you a lighter look to your face.
Blush Your Cheeks:
Blush adds colour and brightens your face. But do not over-apply the blush. Just dab a little bit on your cheek bones and stroke it upwards with a soft brush.
- Go for a light pink, peach, or any light shade for fair skin.
- Apricot, mauve, or berry for medium skin tone.
- Bronze, orange, rose for olive tone.
- Brick, tangerine, or raisin for dark skin.
Colour That Pout:
Go for light pink or neutral-coloured lipstick or lip gloss. Try to avoid bold, bright colours as much as possible during the day, but you certainly can. Go for a cream lipstick without applying a lip liner. Once you apply the lipstick, simply blend it with your fingers. For subtle lip colour, stick to soft pink shade or something close to the shade of your natural lip colour.
Apply An Eyeshadow:
For everyday subtle look, opt for a neutral eyeshadow colour. The colours that would be awesome for daytime makeup would be grey, blue tones, gold, and brown. Apply those shades, depending on the colour of your eyes.
How To Apply:
- First, you need to apply a base shadow that is close to the colour of your skin tone. Apply the base shadow on your eyelids and all the way up to your eyebrows with the help of a brush, or you can simply use your fingers to blend the shadow.
- Now, apply a medium-coloured shadow to your eyelids and apply it all the way to your eyelashes and up to the crease.
- Blend the colours at the crease with the help of a brush.
Apply brown, navy blue, or charcoal eyeliner on your eyes for daytime makeup. You can use your favourite black colour at night.
How To Apply:
- Apply the eyeliner just above your eyelashes and use an eyeshadow brush to blend it, so that the lines look smooth.
- You can either use a pencil liner or a liquid eyeliner.
- Do not apply eyeliner on your lower lids during the daytime.
One coat of black or brown mascara works well for daytime makeup. Apply the mascara at the base of your eyelashes and gently sweep it outwards. If you do not want to use mascara, you can use an eyelash curler for natural look.
Groom Your Eyebrows:
Choose an eyeshadow that matches your eyebrow colour and gently apply it using a thin brush.
- Stop Doing These Right Now If You Have Dry Skin
- 5 Simple Tips To Wake Up Early In The Morning
- Alzheimer's Day 2018: Symptoms Of The Disease & Tips To Delay It
- 6 Simple Yet Effective Tips To Control Your Hunger
- 6 Steps To Get Soft And Supple Skin
- Osteoarthritis: 7 Tips To Take Care Of Your Joints
- Recreate Madhuri Dixit's Look This Festive Season
- Take A Look At These Secrets In The Thai Beauty Regime
- Make-up Rules To Follow If You Wear Contact Lenses
- Marathon: Health Benefits, Injuries & Diet Tips
- Quick & Simple Lazy-Day Hairstyles
- Vastu Tips For Kitchen Direction