- News MP pro-CAA rally: BJP men get into scraps with women officials
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Mohun Bagan consolidate top spot with derby win over Quess East Bengal
- Movies Superstar Kiccha Sudeep Reacts To The Rumours Of Playing A Cop In Rajamouli’s RRR
- Technology YouTube Guide: Here's How To Delete Or Restore A Video
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Are you one of those people who hoards up on makeup products but doesn't know when to throw them out? We will tell you exactly when to throw out your makeup products and why.
Enter any woman's room or bathroom, and you will see stashes and hoards of beauty products that are half unused or even fully unused. But, it isn't really a hygienic practice to keep all these products stashed with you forever.
They have a shelf-life, like foods. So, after a point of time, it would indeed be time to throw out the beauty products that you have been saving for so long. If you use old beauty products, you would end up doing more damage than good to your skin.
Since makeup products don't come with expiry dates printed on them, it is all up to you to figure out when to throw them out. So, read further to know when to throw out these different makeup products.
1. Liquid Foundation:
Foundations have a maximum longevity of a year. When you see the foundation becoming chunky or hard, it means that bacteria have entered the bottle, and bacteria have a tendency to soak up water in the foundation, making it chunky.
These include compact powders and powder blushes. If they've been around for more than 2 years, it's time to say bye-bye to them.
3. Cream Blushes:
These last for 12-18 months. Keeping them for longer can encourage breakouts.
The water content of lipsticks makes it perfect to attract bacteria. This is one of the reasons why you should never be sharing lipsticks. The maximum time you should be using the same lipstick is 2 years.
5. Lip Liners:
Lip liners can last a lot longer because sharpening them gets rid of the top layer, which makes it a lot safer to use for longer. They can last more than 2 years.
A wet mascara tube is a perfect breeding ground for bacteria, and that is why you should throw it out after 6 months at the most, even if it is nowhere near finished.
7. Liquid Liner:
Similarly, the same thing happens with liquid liners and should be changed or even thrown out within 6 months of use.