Buying makeup products has become such a struggle these days, thanks to the innumerable varieties and brands that are available.
With so many options around, deciding on which one to buy becomes difficult. There was a time when only liquid eyeliners were available and you had to be at the mercy of your friend with a perfect, steady hand to apply perfect lines on your eyelids.
Now, the market is hoarded with different types of liners. There are gel liners, liquid liners, powder eyeliners, pencils and kohl. Though each serves the same purpose of lining your eyes, these can be used to create different looks.
Liquid eyeliners are for those who want a dramatic look and pencil liners for those who want to opt for a casual look.
In this article, we will be debating about the pros and cons of liquid liners and pencil liners.
- Liquid liners will help you create a more dramatic look
- It will give you dark, crisp lines in one stroke
- Winged liners and cat eyes are best created using liquid liners
- Last longer
- Need to be applied in a very precise manner, otherwise it can go wrong
- Need a very steady hand
- Cannot be used on the lower eyelid
- Liquid liners tend to dry out sooner
- They are not water-proof
- Very easy to put on
- Can be used on the water line
- Longer shelf-life
- Creates a softer look for the day events
- Instant application. No need to dry
- Does not provide a defined look
- Needs constant sharpening for neat lines
- Smudges easily
- Not water-proof
Apart from liquid and pencil eyeliners, other eyeliners include gel liners and even felt-tip liners. Felt-tip liners are gaining fast popularity among the women, as they combine the advantages of both liquid liners as well as pencil liners.
They give you precision lines and the felt-tip makes for an easy application. They look like liquid liners but work like a pencil, giving you the best of both worlds.
If you want to sport smokey eyes, then powder eyeliners will give the desired effect. All in all, it is all about personal preferences when you it comes down to choosing the right eyeliner for you.