- 6 hrs ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 9 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 10 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 11 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Movies Miss World 2019: Miss Jamaica Toni-Ann Singh Wins The Crown; India's Suman Rao Is The 2nd Runner Up!
- Sports West Indies built credibility with T20 performance against India, will be a force to reckon with during WC: Brian Lara
- Technology Micromax Revenue From Sales Fall 45% To Rs. 2,368.79 Crore In FY19: Report
- News CAB protest: Violence in WB; curfew relaxed in parts of Assam, Meghalaya
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Mascara is one among those essential eye makeup products, which can help to make your eyes look defined. Mascara is generally used by most of the women, as it can help to enhance the look and also give your lashes a lustrous appearance.
One thing you should remember while choosing a mascara is, it should not contain a large amount of chemicals in it. Well, if you don't prefer to use mascaras available in the market, you can also make them at home.
Yes, you read that right! Mascaras can also be made at home and here we mention to you some of the easy recipes to make your own mascara at home.
Recipe 1: Vitamin E Oil Mascara
If you are looking for homemade mascara which can help to make your lashes look more natural and luxurious, you should follow this recipe.
Take two spoons of activated charcoal and add 3-4 spoons of Vitamin E oil to it. Now add 2 spoons of aloe vera gel and mix together. Blend them together and store in a bottle. Leave it for 24 hours and then you can use this mascara on a regular basis.
Vitamin E can help to boost eyelash growth and also make it look natural and luxurious. Aloe vera gel is extremely soothing, which helps to keep your lashes hydrated and moisturized all the time. Using activated charcoal can help to give you a natural black colour. This recipe is extremely easy to be made at home.
Recipe 2: Clay Mascara
Another homemade mascara that can be easily made is by using clay. Take 4-5 spoons of black clay and add half a spoon of red reef clay. Add 3-4 spoons of glycerine and some water to it.
If not glycerine, you can also use vegetable oil as an alternative. Combine all the ingredients together and wait for 24 hours for the ingredients to settle down. Now transfer this into a mascara tube and use it regularly.
Black clay is not harmful for your lashes and in fact it can make them look longer and stronger. Adding red reef clay to your mascara can make your lashes to look voluminous and heavy.
Glycerine or vegetable oil, both of these ingredients can keep your lashes hydrated and moisturized. Some of them also prefer adding coconut oil to it, but you should prevent using coconut oil, as it can melt off easily.
Recipe 3: Black Mineral Powder Mascara
Here, we've brought to you another recipe that can help to make mascara at home. Well, in order to make this simple homemade mascara at home, you need to take black mineral powder, aloe vera gel, lavender essential oil and bentonite clay.
Mix all the ingredients together in equal quantities and add some water to make it into a smooth paste. You can also add some aloe vera gel in order to get a thicker consistency. Mix them together and store in a bottle. Use this mascara regularly.
Lavender essential oil helps to soothe the lashes, while aloe vera gel helps to keep your lashes hydrated and comfortable as well. It keeps your lashes moisturized and healthy. Black mineral powder helps to strengthen the lashes, thus boosting the hair growth. Making black mineral powder mascara is extremely easy and can be made at home.
It is always recommended that you make the mascara every month because mascara tends to expire within 2 months. Due to natural ingredients in it, there are high chances that bacterial reactions can take place, thus leading to the expiry of the product. Always store the mascara in a cool and dry place. Keep it away from sunlight.