There are very few people we know who have flawless skin. There are even fewer people who don't get pimples and acne. And more often than not, acne leaves behind marks when they go. Knowing how to cover up acne spots using makeup is really useful during such times.
No matter what we do, these marks seem to never really fade away. There are all sorts of creams and lotions available which claim that they'd help get rid of the dark spots in no time. These may or may not work for all.
Makeup helps us hide acne spots to some extent, although temporarily. Because even if you use base makeup when you have dark spots, the spots end up looking really odd, as if there's been a failed attempt at covering them.
All you need to perfectly cover pimple spots using makeup are a few colour correctors and a cream concealer and, of course, foundation and powder. If you want to make sure that it does not look too fake, blending is the key you need to remember.
Here's how to perfectly hide a pimple mark with makeup, check it out!
- Correct: Use a green corrector on a red pimple mark to hide it, and if the pimple is more towards the brown side, use a pink-based corrector.
- Base: Do your base makeup of primer and foundation, and then use a damp sponge to blend it in. That's a basic step on how to hide pimple marks using makeup.
- Conceal: Dab at the spots using your finger. A finger is the best method to cover blemish marks because your finger would warm up the product, so that it sits easier on the face without looking fake.
- Blend: Blend the concealer in by following slow dabbing motions and make sure you don't rub at it. Go in with another coat of foundation over this and blend with the same damp sponge to hide acne spots with makeup.
- Powder: Finally, set your entire face with a translucent setting powder, paying extra attention to the areas you have concealed, so that the makeup does not crease.
Yes, it's that easy to hide pimple marks using makeup, so try it and let us know what you think.