- 1 hr ago Special Cactus Recipe: How To Prepare Indian Style Cactus Fry
- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 28 May 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 11 hrs ago Pre-Shave Oil For The Smoothest Beard Finish: How To Use
- 15 hrs ago Actress Kriti Sanon Is A Dream In Pink Ethnic Wear - See Pics!
- Finance Paradeep Phosphates Shares Close Below Listing Price On Day 1 On Bourses
- Movies Aishwarya Rai Bachchan On Being Seen Less Onscreen: I Have Never Been The One To Play Into Perception
- Technology New JioFi Postpaid Plans Launched: Benefits Explained
- News Bus lane violation: 21,000 private buses fined in Delhi
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki’s Upcoming Creta Rival Will Sport Hybrid Powertrain
- Sports French Open: Alcaraz delivers 'absolute clinic' to crush Korda hopes in Roland Garros romp
- Education UPSC Prelims Exam On June 5, Important Topics To Be Revised Before CSE 2022
- Travel June 2022: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Dry shampoo is a hair product that claims to clean your hair by reducing oil, grease, and dirt. In contrast to wet shampoos and conditioners, dry shampoo can be applied to the hair while it is dry. Also, unlike wet shampoo, dry shampoo does not need to be removed from the hair. It is typically applied to the crown of the head and other areas where oil and shine accumulate.
In dry shampoos, active ingredients such as alcohols or starches are used to absorb oils and sweat from the hair. The removal of oils from your hair makes it appear cleaner. Most dry shampoos also contain a fragrance, which keeps your hair smelling fresh between washes.
In this article, we will explain how you can use dry shampoo and whether it is good for dry hair or not.
How To Use Dry Shampoo?
Depending on your hair type, texture, length, and oiliness, you may use dry shampoo differently.
- Make sure your hair is dry and remove any pins or hair ties.
- Hold the can of dry shampoo about six inches away from the crown of your head.
- Spray a small amount of the solution directly onto your roots. You should not ignore the hair growth at the nape of your neck, above your ears, and at the back of your head.
- Using your fingers, massage the dry shampoo into your hair.
- While the shampoo dries on your scalp, you may blow a blast of cool air through your hair to give your hair some volume and natural bounce.
Is Dry Shampoo Good For Dry And Brittle Hair? Is It Good For Daily Use?
Dry shampoo, too, has its own minor side effects like any other product. Dry shampoo is not intended to clean your hair. It masquerades dirt and grease on your scalp. They are not a replacement for washing your hair. As a matter of fact, overusing dry shampoo can result in an itchy, dry scalp and breakage of dry and brittle hair.
Consider purchasing an organic commercial dry shampoo if you are concerned about the chemical ingredients on the label. Alternatively, you could make a DIY version of dry shampoo using ingredients from the pantry. Corn-starch and rice starch are both common absorbent starches.
You can make your own dry shampoo by taking 1/4 cup of corn-starch or rice starch and adding cinnamon or cocoa powder, depending on the colour of your hair. You may also add a few drops of essential oils as a natural fragrance.
- hair careEssential Oils For Curly Hair: Yes, These Oils Are Specially Made For Your Curly Twirls
- hair careBest Oils For Dry Hair: 10 Oils That Are Not Coconut Oil
- hair careDry Hair In Men: Causes And How To Manage It?
- hair careHair Hacks To Bring Life Back To Your Dry Tresses
- hair careDIY Olive Oil Hair Masks To Nourish Dry Tresses
- hair careHow To Use Coconut Oil To Tackle 8 Most Common Hair Issues
- hair careHow Frequently Should You Wash Your Hair Based On Your Hair Type
- hair care8 Simple & Effective Hair Masks To Treat Dull & Damaged Hair
- hair careDIY Overnight Aloe Vera And Honey Mask For Dry Hair
- hair care10 Reasons For Dry And Brittle Hair
- hair careDIY: Mustard Oil Treatments For Dry Hair
- hair careBest Homemade Packs For Dry Hair