- Technology Samsung Galaxy W20 5G Hands-On Video Teaser Out Ahead Of Launch
- News History made: J&K police take oath under Indian Constitution for the first time
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada Season 7 Update - Shine Shetty Is The New Captain Of The House
- Sports F1 Raceweek: Vettel and Leclerc - when team-mates collide
- Finance Should You Get An Insurance To Cover Possible Loss Of Car Keys?
- Automobiles Land Rover Off-Road Driving Experience: The "Above & Beyond Tour 2019’ Comes To Bangalore
- Travel Igatpuri – A Perfect Travel Destination
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Everyone wants to have perfect hair, but not everybody is blessed with long and shiny tresses. Not having something doesn't mean you cannot achieve it, right? Anyone can get healthy, strong, and long hair easily at home using some basic ingredients that are readily available in your kitchen. And, eggs are something most people have in their kitchen. So, why not use it to make a homemade recipe for hair care?
How Is Egg Beneficial For Hair?
Egg as a whole - both the white and the yolk - are beneficial for hair in their own amazing ways. While egg whites are rich in proteins and vitamins such as niacin and riboflavin that promote hair growth, egg yolk is high in nutrients and lutein that help to hydrate, moisturise and condition dry hair. Topical application of egg on the hair makes it strong, shiny, soft, and healthy, while enabling faster hair growth.
Besides, eggs also help to repair damaged hair. They help in stimulating your scalp and thus reduce split ends and rebuild damaged hair. Moreover, eggs also help to improve the elasticity of your hair. They add shine to your hair and make it strong.
With so many benefits to offer, egg does sound like a premium choice for hair care, doesn't it? And, you can even make egg oil at home easily without much fuss. This oil incorporates all the benefits of egg and promises to give you smoother and softer tresses in no time. Listed below is a quick recipe for how to make egg oil at home.
How To Make Egg Oil At Home?
Follow the simple steps mentioned below and make your own egg oil at home:
- Take 6 eggs and boil them for about 20 minutes on medium flame.
- Once the eggs are hardened, turn off the heat and let them cool down for a few more minutes.
- Peel the eggs and cut them into halves.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- Here, you only need the egg yolk for making this oil. You can eat the whites or use them in any food preparation instead of wasting them as these wouldn't be required in the oil-making process.
- Take the egg yolks in a bowl and mash them nicely and then place them in a heating pan and allow them to cook on a low flame.
- Once the yolk starts to become dark, you will see the oil oozing out of it. Meanwhile, you need to keep on stirring it until it darkens in colour. This process might take some time. Just remember to keep the heat on low flame. During this heating period, you might come across some pungent smell and some smoke.
- Once the oil oozes out, take the pan off the heat and allow it to cool down to room temperature.
- Now, filter the oil into a glass container with the help of a thin cloth or a thin strainer.
- Store the oil in a cool and dry place and away from direct sunlight. If handled and stored properly, it can sustain up to five years.
Isn't it quite easy to make this oil at home? The only thing is the pungent smell that you have to endure during the oil-making process. But, in the end, when you take a look at your long, strong, and shiny tresses in the mirror, everything seems to be worth it!
Now that you know how to make this oil at home, here's how to include it in your hair care routine.
How To Use Egg Oil For Hair Care?
You can simply massage your scalp and hair every night with this oil for 5-10 minutes before going to bed, cover up your head with a shower cap, and wash it off the next morning or you can even make a hair mask using this oil and use it once a week for desired results. Listed below is a quick recipe on how to make a hair mask using egg oil for hair care.
- 2 tbsp egg oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil/olive oil
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh yoghurt
How to do
- In a bowl, take egg oil and coconut oil and mix both the oils together. You can also substitute coconut oil with olive oil if you want.
- Next, add mayonnaise and yoghurt and whisk all the ingredients together until you get a fine paste.
- Apply it on your scalp and hair and leave it on for 30 minutes. You can wear a shower cap.
- After 30 minutes, wash it off with warm water and use a mild shampoo and conditioner.
- Repeat this pack once a week.