- Technology Airtel, Vodafone To Raise Mobile Services Rates Next Month
- Automobiles Volkswagen T-Roc Spotted Testing In India For The First Time Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- News SC to hear petitions filed by ‘The Kashmir Times’ editor and Cong leader
- Movies Hrithik Roshan's Dancing Video As A Kid Goes Viral; Netizens Can't Get Enough Of His Awesome Moves!
- Finance How To Buy Fastag From SBI?
- Sports Doncic joins LeBron after 40-point triple-double, Clippers edge Thunder
- Travel Igatpuri – A Perfect Travel Destination
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
With the onset of festivities, it is very important to take utmost care of your skin and hair. As festivals approach, we tend to go for a variety of hairstyles and even use a lot of heat styling products. But, wait! Are they even good for your hair? Well, we tend to experiment a lot with our hair, and at times, it turns out to be good, but what when it doesn't?
For that exact reason, one needs to do a complete pre-check of all the possibilities and then go ahead with changes in our hair care routine. Here are some handy tips that will help you take care of your hair this festive season.
Tips To Protect Your Hair From Damage This Festive Season
1. When using heat styling, always check the temperature
Not many would know that but most of the heat styling products available in the market can go up to 400 degrees, but you hair definitely doesn't need that much heat, no matter how thick or dense your tresses are. Usually, a medium temperature can do just good and is suitable for all styles. If you use too much of heat on your hair, it might just damage your tresses and make your hair prone to breakage.
2. Always invest in a good heat-protectant serum
Whenever you are planning to style your hair using a hair straightener or a curler, always ensure that you invest in a good heat-protectant serum. Apply the serum on your hair and then use the heat styling product. The serum will act as a protective layer between your hair and the heat. It will also give your locks a shiny look.
3. Outside is okay, but don't forget to strengthen hair from within
While it is essential that you hair looks good from the outside, it needs to healthy and strong from inside as well. And, you can simply do that by improving your eating habits. Eat healthy and it will reflect in the way your hair looks - strong, long, and healthy. Try and go for foods that are rich in proteins and vitamins that help to improve your hair follicles.
4. Give a festive twist to your look
Hey, the festivities are here. Ditch your old, boring look and try on a new and different hairstyle. You can do so many things with your hair like cut them short, trim them, go for some crazy bangs, or just curl them if you have straight hair and vice versa.
5. In case of any damage, fix it up with deep conditioning
Whatever you do to your hair, it will always have some effect on it - good or bad. And, most of the times, using way too much heat styling may damage or weaken your hair a bit. But there's nothing to worry. You can simply go for an amazing deep conditioning hair mask and let your hair breathe again. All you have to do is treat your hair to the goodness of a hot oil massage using coconut oil, olive oil, or some oil concoction made using essential oils.