- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 19 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 17 hrs ago World Photography Day 2022: Date, Theme, History, Celebrations, Significance and Activities
- 18 hrs ago Century-Old TB Vaccine Could Be Effective Against Covid-19 And Other Infections: New Study
- 18 hrs ago Hair Slugging - The Newest Beauty Trend For Healthy Hair
- Sports AB de Villiers takes up a noble role, mentors two underprivileged children in India
- Technology Excitel 400Mbps Broadband Plan Sets New Benchmark In India
- Movies Rucha Hasabnis AKA Rashi From Saath Nibhaana Saathiya To Welcome Her Second Child Soon; See Post
- News China's growing technological power dangerous for the world
- Finance Buy This Small-Cap Engineering Sector Stock Call For Target Price Of Rs 601, Surged 7.64%% In 1 Week
- Travel World Photography Day 2022: Prettiest Cities In The World For Instagram Pictures
- Education CGPSC SO, CMO 2022 Exam Date Announced; Check Schedule Here
- Automobiles Porsche 911 GT3 RS 992 Revealed With Bonkers Aero Package & 518bhp
Swimming is always fun, isn't it? But have you ever wondered that the chlorine and other harmful chemicals contained in pool water can damage your hair? But do not worry. There's always some solution if you take some time out in following some simple tips prior and post swimming.
We tend to try various home remedies or buy different products from the market to treat this. But we are not aware that this also can be caused by our carelessness and some mistakes that we unconsciously make, which leads to the damage of our hair.
Since water in the pool contains chlorine, it will lead to a chemical reaction if your hair is chemically treated. In order to avoid your hair colour from fading at a faster rate, stay away from pools or use a shower cap whenever you go for swimming.
This can be easily solved using home remedies and some tips that can be followed the next time you go for swimming. So, let us have a look at what those are.
Tie Your Hair Into A Braid
Before you go for swimming, tie your long hair into a braid. This will help your hair from getting tangled. Rather than swimming with open hair, braiding will help in keeping your hair in order. You can use a hat or a hair product with SPF if you are just sunbathing.
Wet Your Hair Before You Swim
As water in the pool contains chlorine, it is advised to take a quick shower in non-chlorinated water before going for swimming. This will protect your hair from absorbing the chlorine in water which has high chances of damaging your hair.
Oil Your Hair
Another way to protect your hair from the damage of chlorine is oiling your hair. Oiling acts as a protecting layer to your scalp. It also protects your hair from turning green due to chlorine water if it is colored. You can use any oil of your choice for example, olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil, etc., for this purpose. Just massage some oil on your scalp and hair and you are good to go.
Apply A Leave-in Conditioner
You can also protect your hair by using a thick layer of leave-in conditioner before you go for swimming. It protects your hair follicles and scalp from the chlorine and other harmful chemicals present in pool water.
Wear A Swimming Cap
Wearing your swimming cap will protect your hair from sun damage and will prevent your hair from absorbing the chlorine water. You can use either silicon caps or latex caps which work the best in protecting your hair. If you are using a conditioner before getting into the water, then latex caps are the best, as it gives the perfect grip.
Wash It off
As soon as you come out from a swim, have a quick shower. This is mainly to wash off the chlorine your hair has absorbed while in the pool water. Leaving chlorine on the hair can bleach out your hair, especially if it is coloured or chemically treated. So, don't be lazy to do so!
Remedies To Remove Chlorine From Hair
Baking soda is the best known cleaning agent, that helps in cleaning off the chlorine present in your hair.
1 tbsp baking soda
1 cup of water
Mix the baking soda and water to make a thick paste in a bowl. Apply this paste on your scalp and hair and leave it on for 30-40 seconds. Later, rinse it off in normal water followed by shampooing and conditioning your hair with a mild shampoo. You can repeat this 2-3 times in a weak.
Tomato helps in reducing the damage caused due to chlorine in your hair and also helps in retaining the moisture of your hair.
Take 3-4 tomatoes, depending on the length of your hair. Blend it to form a thick paste. Wash your hair first and apply this tomato paste on your hair and scalp. Let it stay for 30-40 minutes and wash it off in normal water using a mild shampoo. You can try this remedy 3-4 times a week.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps in keeping the hair soft, shiny and healthy by washing out the chlorine residue in the hair.
1 cup of apple cider vinegar
4 cups of water
Mix together 1 cup of apple cider vinegar and 4 cups of water. Divide your hair into sections and apply this mixture on your hair from the roots to tips. Let it stay for 2-5 minutes. Later, rinse your hair and pat dry. You can try out this remedy once in a week.
Use A Wide Comb
Just after you have taken a shower after swimming, comb your hair with a wide comb. This will prevent your hair from getting tangled and also help in drying out your hair faster. The wide teeth of the comb will keep you out of frizzy hair and breakage.
- women fashion10 Underwear Hacks You Should Know
- make up tipsEye Makeup: Top 5 Graphic Liner Designs For The Summer And How To Apply Them
- menHappy Birthday Shahid Kapoor: Steal The Best Edgy Looks From The Fashion Icon of Bollywood
- basics10 Effective Pregnancy Care Tips During Winters
- prenatalPregnancy Massage: Benefits, Risks, When To Avoid And Tips To Follow
- prenatalExercising During Pregnancy: Benefits, Exercises To Do, Avoid And Tips To Follow
- kids10 Common Bad Habits In Kids And Tips To Prevent Them
- babyHaving Trouble Bottle Feeding Your Baby? Try These Tips
- wellness12 Simple Exercising Tips For People With Diabetes
- wellnessHow To Reduce Water Retention? Try These 16 Effective Ways
- body careWhat To Do When See Pigmentation Spots On Your Body
- wellness6 Healthy Ways To Eat Potatoes