- 5 hrs ago Dustin Hoffman Birthday Special Irresistibly Versatile Actor Turns 85
- 14 hrs ago It’s Raining Offers On Amazon: Bag 60% Off On Handbags Today!
- 17 hrs ago Best And Perfect Travel Companions Based On The Zodiac Signs
- 17 hrs ago National Handloom Day: Tiger Stripes Collection Chakradhara By Warp N Weft And WWF India
- Sports CWG 2022: Indian women’s cricket team clinch silver in first-ever Games final as Aus bag gold with 9-run win
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 12 August 7 Highlights: Chetna Pande Gets Eliminated From The Show
- News BJP-JDU rift widens? Bihar CM Kumar calls meeting of party MLAs, MPs
- Education How Can MSc Business Analytics Boost Your Career Growth?
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Launched At Rs 1,49,900 - The Lightest Enfield
- Travel Phang Nga Bay: James Bond Island
- Finance 'Cipla' Betting Big on Digitisation And Emerging Segments
- Technology Jio Games Watch Will Let You Earn Money While Gaming
It is a well-known fact that 7 out of 10 women nowadays are plagued with various unappealing hair conditions. Problems like breakage, split ends, etc., have become exceedingly common.
A variety of factors such as pollution, unhealthy diet, etc., can cause damage to the hair shaft and lead to these unsightly problems. However, there are certain hair habits as well that can adversely affect the health and appearance of your hair.
Today, at Boldsky, we've zeroed in on some of the worst habits that can damage your hair and cause split ends. These habits are highly common and can have a far-reaching negative impact on your hair's overall condition.
Break free from these habits to achieve healthy-looking locks that can enhance your beauty.
Read on to know more about these hair-damaging habits, here:
1. Hair Styling Tools
A majority of women these days use hair-styling tools such as curling irons, straighteners on a regular basis. This habit causes a great deal of damage to the hair shaft and leads to all kinds of unsightly problems like split ends, etc.
2. Picking At Your Split Ends
This is another common habit that can cause damage to your hair and lead to even more split ends. Picking at your split ends may seem like the easiest way to get rid of them; however, doing this can lead to more frayed hair and damage the health of your mane.
3. Over-brushing Your Hair
Brushing your hair is essential; however, overdoing it can do more harm than good. It can weaken your hair shaft and lead to breakage as well as split ends. The ideal number of times to brush your hair is two and it is wise to stick to this number to make sure that your hair stays healthy and damage-free.
4. Chemical-infused Products
A plethora of commercial hair products like serum, sprays, hair mousse, etc., are infused with harsh chemicals capable of causing severe damage to your hair. This in turn can lead to various unpleasant hair conditions like hair fall and split ends.
5. Wearing A Top Knot At All Times
A top knot is a highly loved hairstyle; however, always wearing your hair in this particular style can make your hair prone to damage and lead to split ends along with other unappealing conditions. Wearing a top knot at all times can weaken your hair follicles and also have an adverse effect on your hair's natural growth.
6. Teasing Or Back-combing
Teasing or back-combing is often done to minimize the tangles and to boost hair volume. However, combing your hair against the direction can weaken the hair shaft, causing breakage, which leads to split ends.
7. Over-washing Your Hair
Over-washing your hair can leave it looking frayed and cause moisture-deficiency in your scalp. That is because, over-washing can strip your mane off of its natural oil. That is why, it is best to wash your hair not more than two times in a week.
8. Wearing Tight Hairstyles
Wearing tight hairstyles can cause stress in your scalp area and weaken your strands. Hair care experts urge women not to wear their hair in tight hairstyles, as it can cause severe hair loss and make the strands appear damaged and frayed.
9. Brushing Wet Hair
Brushing wet hair is another common habit that can cause an irreversible damage to your mane and leave it looking frayed. Moreover, wet hair strands are highly vulnerable and prone to damage. This habit can lead to unappealing conditions like split ends, etc.
10. Washing Your Hair With Hot Water
This is another highly common habit that can damage your hair shaft and cause split ends. Hot water can strip your hair off of its natural oil and moisture, thereby leaving it dry and dehydrated. And, regular usage of hot water for washing the hair can cause severe damage and leave your locks looking dry and frayed.
- womenWoman Explains On TikTok Why She Refrains From Shaving Her Armpits, Video Goes Viral
- hair careWhat Is 'Liquid Hair,' And How To Get The Glossy-Shiny Hair At Home
- men fashionKundali Bhagya Actor Dheeraj Dhoopar's Amazing Hair Affair
- skin careTwo-In-One: 7 Quick, Single-Ingredient Masks For Your Hair And Skin
- hair careTea Rinse For Hair: Is It Good For Hair Breakage?
- hair careOn International Wig Day, Actors Of &TV Channel Share The Importance Of Wigs In Costumes
- hair careHow To Improve Your Hair Texture At Home: Home Remedies And Hair Masks
- hair careTired Of Hair Loss? Here Are Some Tips And Home Remedies To Naturally Regrow Your Hair
- hair careHow To Take Care Of Your Hair In Winter? 9 Smart Hair Care Hacks By An Expert
- disorders cureWhat Is Trichotillomania Or Hair-Pulling Disorder? Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatments
- wellnessAmazing Health Benefits Of Banana For Men: Good For Heart, Sexual Problems And Hair Growth
- make up tipsJennifer Lopez's Hair And Makeup At MTV VMAs 2021 And How To Perfect It At Minimal Cost!