Smooth and silky hair is a dream of every girl. Most of us would love to have that smooth, manageable and care-free hair.
Be it a family get-together or a formal look, smooth and silky hair can change your entire appearance and can even affect your personality. Nowadays, we have a wide range of options from hair smoothening masks to chemically straightening or smoothening hair in salons.
But these do not seem to be reasonable for a common man. Also, the chemicals used in such products can be harmful in the long run.
But these will cause side effects in the long run. After all, it is chemically treated. So, what if I give you several options to smoothen your hair naturally, sitting back at home? Yes, you just read that right!
Here are homemade masks that can help you in smoothening your hair reasonably and effectively. Let's see what they are.
Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup water
1. Mix together equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water.
2. After shampooing, pour the mixture onto your hair and massage it onto your scalp.
3. Let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing thoroughly with cold water.
Banana And Honey
2 teaspoons honey
1. Mash up 1-2 ripe bananas and add 2 teaspoons of honey.
2. Mix it into a paste and use it as a hair mask.
3. Shampoo the hair after half an hour.
4. Apply this banana mask once a week to get better and faster results.
Vinegar And Yogurt
½ cup of yogurt
1 teaspoon of vinegar
1 teaspoon of honey
1. All you need to do is to mix together yogurt, vinegar and honey in a bowl.
2. Apply this mask on your hair and scalp.
3. Leave it on for half an hour and then rinse it off.
4. Repeat this once in a week for faster and better results.
Avocado And Olive Oil Hair Mask
1 ripe avocado
2-3 teaspoons of olive oil
1. Mash up an avocado with 1 or 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
2. Separate dry hair into four sections.
3. Use a brush to apply the mixture to each section of the hair.
4. Cover your head with a shower cap and wait for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, wash it off using a mild shampoo.
Egg And Olive Oil
3 tbsp olive oil
1. Whisk 2 eggs in a bowl.
2. Add 3 tbsp of olive oil into it and mix them well.
3. Apply this mask on to your hair and leave it on for about 1 hour.
4. Wash your hair after an hour with a mild shampoo.
You can use this remedy once in a week.
Coconut Milk And Lemon Juice
¼th cup coconut milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Mix together both the ingredients.
2. Keep it in the fridge overnight.
3. Next morning, apply this mixture on your hair from the roots to tips.
4. Leave it on for 30 minutes and wash it off.
5. Repeat this at least once in a week.
Milk And Honey
¼th cup of milk
2 tbsp honey
1. In a bowl, mix milk and honey.
2. Section your hair and apply this mask on your hair.
3. Cover it with a shower cap and let it stay for about 2 hours.
4. Wash your hair with cold water and a mild shampoo.
Rice Flour And Egg
1 egg white
5 tbsp rice flour
¼th cup milk
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Apply this mask on your hair.
3. Leave the mask on for about an hour.
4. After 1 hour, rinse it off in plain water.
Aloe Vera & Coconut Oil
¼th cup aloe vera gel
¼th cup of coconut oil
1. Heat up ¼th cup of coconut oil.
2. Mix equal amount of aloe vera gel into the coconut oil.
3. It's better to use fresh aloe vera gel.
4. Apply this mixture on your hair and let it stay on for an hour.
5. After 1 hour, wash it off in normal water.