Our hair is exposed to so much dirt, dust, and pollution at all times that it tends to loose its shine and lustre after sometime. This, in turn, also leads to hair becoming weak and more prone to damage, resulting in split ends and dry hair. To save our hair from such damage, it is necessary that we take good care of it, treat it to hot oil massage once a while and even use hair-strengthening masks that provide the much-needed nutrition and care to our hair.
There are a number of natural ingredients that one can use for hair care. One such ingredient is apple cider vinegar. Made from fermented apple juice, apple cider vinegar is not just used while preparing food, but is also used topically on the skin and hair and has an array of benefits to offer.
Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar For Hair
Listed below are some of the amazing benefits of apple cider vinegar and the top reasons why it deserves a place in your hair care routine:
Maintains pH level of your scalp
Just like you use a toner for your skin to maintain its pH balance, in a similar way, apple cider vinegar can be used as a scalp rinse in order to restore and maintain its pH balance. Besides, it also helps to restore your scalp's delicate acid mantle and keep it healthy and nourished.
Keeps hair healthy
Apple cider vinegar helps to prevent the loss of moisture from your scalp by locking it, thereby strengthening the roots of your hair and in turn making it healthy. It also adds shine to your hair.
Promotes hair growth
Apple cider vinegar contains a lot of nutrients that are known to stimulate hair follicles and remove any dead skin cells present on your scalp, thus promoting healthy hair growth. It is also known to effectively curb hair loss and protect your hair from any kind of damage.
Provides relief from itchy scalp
Harsh, chemical-laced shampoos and conditioners often tend to damage our hair without we even noticing it. This is when you feel the need to have that something natural for hair care that will help you get stronger and healthier hair again. Apple cider vinegar provides relief from itchy and sensitive scalp and nourishes it deeply.
If you are dealing with constant dandruff problems, you need to start using apple cider vinegar as it is effective in fighting off dandruff-causing bacteria that clog your hair follicles.
How To Make Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Wash At Home?
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
How to do
- Shampoo your hair thoroughly using a mild sulphate-free shampoo and then use a conditioner. Let the conditioner stay for a few minutes before you proceed for a hair wash.
- Mix some apple cider vinegar with water and massage it onto your scalp and hair.
- Let it stay for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse off your hair with lukewarm water and allow it to air dry.
Incorporate apple cider vinegar in your daily hair care routine and say good bye to dry and damaged hair forever.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Assembly Election Results 2018 — Catch All The LIVE Updates Here
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Markets Live: Sensex Down As Election Leads Trickle In
- Nokia 8.1 Launched In India For Rs. 26,999
- Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 — Full Accessories List
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK & Aamir Steal The Show!
- December New Moon Lucky For These Signs
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas