Not only is watermelon high in water content, but also is a great source of vitamin B6, vitamin C, potassium, calcium, & iron. The rich content of water in the watermelon keeps the body and mind cool and also gives bright skin and shiny hair. Watermelon is also a fruit that helps in boosting hair growth while keeping the scalp cool and healthy.
While watermelon has several benefits to offer for your skin & body, it also offers a number of benefits for your hair, some of which are listed below:
Benefits Of Watermelon For Hair
- Prevents hair loss
- Promotes hair growth
- Hydrates and nourishes the scalp
- Moisturises the hair
- Prevents itchy scalp
So, how can we use watermelon for the betterment of the hair? Let's
Watermelon & Mayonnaise Hair Mask For Hair Growth
- 250-300 g watermelon pulp
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
How to do
- Crush the watermelon pulp properly with the help of a spoon and to make a thick paste.
- Add the mayonnaise and mix it well with the watermelon paste that you have prepared.
- Keep it for 10 min so that the mayonnaise and watermelon mix well.
How to apply
- With the help of your hands, apply it thoroughly on your hair.
- Give special attention to the scalp because the mask works the best on the scalp.
- Massage it gently with your fingers and let it stay there.
- Keep it for 30-45 min and let the mask soak the scalp, roots and hair.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and a mild and gentle shampoo.
- Rinse it off properly but with light hands to ensure that mayonnaise is washed thoroughly.
Why this works
- Watermelon and mayonnaise hair mask is a great natural home remedy for the hair growth. Watermelon is a great source of vitamin C, it rejuvenates the scalp and keeps the hair healthy. Mayonnaise being rich in fats moisturises and nourishes the hair.
Watermelon Juice For Dry Scalp
Using watermelon juice is one of the easiest methods to treat dry and itchy scalp. Why go to expensive parlours for expensive treatments for dry and itchy scalp when you can do this easily at home?
- 15-20 watermelon cubes
- 1 cup water
How to do:
- Take the cubes of watermelon and put it in a mixer, without caring much about the seeds.
- Add water to it and grind it well so as to make a thin juice.
How to use:
- Take the watermelon juice in a cup and use it as the conditioner.
- Pour it over your head like a final rinse after washing off the shampoo. Pour it evenly all over like water and make sure that you give special attention to the scalp.
- Keep it for 10-12 min on the head.
- Rinse it off gently with lukewarm water.
Why this works
Watermelon juice removes the impurities from the scalp and cleanses it thoroughly killing all the germs. It also strengthens the hair follicles and prevents hair loss.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Will Every Indian Get Rs 15 Lakh As Narendra Modi Promised?
- IPL Auction 2019 — The Final List of Teams And Players
- Saturn Is Losing Its Rings At Maximum Pace — NASA
- Mahindra XUV 300 Compact-SUV Now Official — Launch In February 2019
- Reliance In Talks With Saudi Arabia For Joint Petrochemicals Project
- Priyanka And Nick Get Romantic In This Unseen Picture!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- What Do The Bracelet Lines On The Palm Reveal?