TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Karkare A Martyr, Sadhvi Pragya’s Remark ‘Personal' — BJP
- IPL 2019: KKR vs RCB — Preview
- FAME II Requires Minimum 50 Per Cent Localization
- Ajay Devgn REACTS To Tanushree's Open Letter!
- How To Get Bharti AXA General Insurance For Two-Wheeler From Airtel
- How Safe Is Buying Digital Gold?
- Pooja Hegde & Aditi Rao In Dresses
- Rourkela: A Weekend Getaway
Of all the hair problems that we face, dandruff can be really annoying. Wherever you go, you often spot some flakes on your shoulders. And, especially if you are wearing a black dress, these flakes can be really annoying.
And, that's not all. The itchy sensation on the scalp that accompanies dandruff only makes matters worse. In such cases, many people turn to store-bought dandruff-clearing shampoos for help. But what happens when you figure out that these products do more harm than good?
There are times when store-bought products help you deal with dandruff but give rise to other hair problems like dull and damaged hair due to the content of chemicals present in them.
This is where home remedies come into the picture. Home remedies are a great option for hair care as they are completely safe and natural and do not have any side effects. Speaking of home remedies for curing hair care problems, have you ever tried using shikakai for dandruff?
What Causes Dandruff?
Dandruff can be caused due to a number of reasons. A fungus called Malassezia, which grows on your scalp, is the root cause of dandruff. This fungus growth results in the skin of your scalp shedding - which is basically known as dandruff.
There are mainly two types of dandruff - wet and dry. Wet dandruff is caused due to the excess production of oil on your scalp, whereas dry dandruff is typically caused due to the dryness of your scalp. However, there is one solution for dandruff that always works - shikakai.
Some of the common causes of dandruff are listed below:
- Improper and irregular washing of hair
- Not brushing your hair properly
- Choosing the wrong hair comb
- Choosing the wrong shampoo or conditioner or both
Benefits Of Shikakai For Hair & Scalp
Listed below are some well-known benefits of shikakai for hair and scalp.
- It fights dandruff
- It prevents dry scalp
- It adds shine and softness to your hair
- It delays the signs of premature greying of hair
- It gives you stronger and thicker hair
- It treats lice
- It also detangles knots in your hair
- It soothes your scalp
How To Get Rid Of Dandruff Using Shikakai & Curd
- 2 tbsp shikakai powder
- 2 tbsp curd (yoghurt)
- 1 vitamin E capsule/1 tbsp vitamin E oil
- water (if required)
- shower cap
How to do
- In a bowl, add the shikakai powder and add curd to it.
- Mix both the ingredients well until they blend into one. Add little water if necessary. Remember that it should turn into a semi-thick consistent paste.
- Lastly, add vitamin E oil or just break open a capsule and pour its ingredients into the paste. Mix well.
- Let the mixture rest for a few minutes before it is ready for application.
How to apply
- Take a comb and divide your hair into two sections - left and right. Take one section at a time.
- Work on the left section first. Divide the left section into smaller sections and start applying the pack on your scalp and hair using a brush. Start with the roots and work your way towards the tips.
- Once you are done with the left side, repeat the same with the right side.
- Cover you head with a shower cap and rest for 30 minutes.
- Wash off using a mild sulphate-free shampoo and conditioner.
- Use this pack once a week for desired results.