If there is one thing that women dread the most - after hair fall, of course, - then it is surely dandruff. It is quite a scary sight to witness those tiny little white flakes all over your clothes when you brush your hair and run your hands through them. But, when it does appear, we often wonder - how to get rid of it?
Well, have you ever heard of something called home remedies? Home remedies are a perfect solution when it comes to hair care and the problems related to it as they are completely safe and natural to use and are very cost-effective. Having said that, have you ever tried using multani mitti for treating dandruff?
Loaded with mineral and essential nutrients that are beneficial for your skin and hair, multani mitti or fuller's earth, has been a preferred choice of most women when it comes to beauty. Take a look at its wonderful benefits for hair below and the recipe to make an amazing multani mitti hair mask at home for treating dandruff.
Benefits Of Multani Mitti For Hair
Besides helping in curing dandruff, multani mitti has an array of hair care benefits to offer, which are listed below:
- It cleanses your scalp and gets rid of any impurities like dirt, dust, oil, and grease
- It is a premium pick for those with oily hair and scalp
- It promotes hair growth by strengthening your hair follicles
- It deeply nourishes your hair and makes it stronger, thicker, and shinier
- It helps to fight off hair fall
How To Use Multani Mitti For Dandruff?
- 4 tbsp fuller's earth (multani mitti)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tbsp baking soda
How to do
- In a bowl, combine multani mitti and some lemon juice. Mix both the ingredients well.
- Now add some yoghurt and blend well with lemon-multani mitti mix
- Lastly, add some baking soda to the mixture and blend all the ingredients together until they form a semi-thick paste.
- Add little water if required, but make sure that you do not add too much water. The paste needs to be consistent and semi-thick.
- The paste is now ready for application.
How to apply
- Divide your hair into two sections - left and right.
- Now, make further smaller sub-sections. Take one section at a time.
- Start applying the pack to all sub-sections one by one using a brush.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and let the pack stay for about 30 minutes
- Wash it off using your regular shampoo and conditioner.
- Repeat this pack twice a week for desired results.
Why it works
- Multani mitti is known to absorb oil, grease, and dirt from your hair which are the main causes of dandruff.
- Lemon juice, which is rich in citric acid, plays an essential role in eliminating dandruff from your scalp due to its antimicrobial properties.
- Yoghurt helps to remove any bacteria build-up from your scalp and thus get rid of scalp infections like itchy scalp and dandruff.
- Baking soda reduces the presence of dandruff causing fungii on your scalp.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale deal tomorrow
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- India vs Australia, 2nd Test: Preview, Where To Watch, Timing, Squads & More
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!