Whether your hair is curly, straight or wavy, every woman deserves to have frizz-free hair. But, what happens when you wake up to dry and frizzy hair? Well, you try to tame it in the best possible way before you step out of the house. It's a good thing if you know how to control frizzy hair. But, if you don't, here's some help.
To tame your frizzy hair, you can always look in your kitchen for some amazing home remedies. Home remedies are a perfect solution when it comes to hair care as they are completely safe with no side-effects and are also cost-effective - which means that they will not burn a hole in your pocket.
Speaking of home remedies, have you ever tried using coconut milk for frizzy hair?
Why Is Coconut Milk Beneficial For Hair?
Loaded with a number of essential nutrients and vitamins, coconut milk is no wonder one of the choicest ingredients when it comes to hair care and repairing and nourishing hair. Listed below are some amazing benefits of coconut milk for hair:
- It boosts your hair follicles and makes your hair stronger
- It promotes hair growth
- It nourishes your scalp and strengthens the roots of your hair
- It helps to remove excess sebum build-up from your scalp
- It repairs dry and damaged hair
- It conditions your hair and makes it soft
How To Make Coconut Milk Hair Mask Frizzy Hair?
- 2-3 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tbsp mashed banana pulp
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp almond oil
- 1 tbsp argan oil
How to do
- In a small pan, heat some coconut milk until its slightly warm.
- Once done, turn off the heat and place the bowl of lukewarm coconut oil on a table.
- Now, add some mashed banana pulp to it and mix well.
- Next, add some honey to the mixture and blend all the ingredients well.
- Lastly, add some almond oil and argan oil to the mixture and whisk all the ingredients to make it into a creamy paste.
- Let the mixture rest for a few minutes before you apply it on your hair.
How to apply
- Divide your hair into two sections - left and right.
- Now, divide each of those sections into further smaller sub-sections
- Take one section at a time. Use a brush to apply the paste on each sub-section by carefully covering all hair from roots to tips.
- Once you have applied the mask to all your hair, put on a shower cap and let the pack work on your hair for about 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, wash your hair thoroughly using a mild shampoo and conditioner and leave it to air-dry.
- Repeat this pack twice a week for desired results.
Why this works
- Coconut milk helps to repair damaged and dry hair, while controlling the frizz in your hair. It also deeply nourishes and moisturises your hair to make it smooth and strong.
- Banana is an excellent natural hair conditioner that makes your hair smoother and softer. It also hydrates your hair and keeps it frizz-free.
- Honey is a humectant which is also known for its hair conditioning properties. It is also known to lock moisture in your hair, thus keeping it soft.
- Rich in Vitamin E, almond oil is known for its antioxidant properties that fights free radicals that damage your hair and make it dry and frizzy. It is also known to lock moisture in your hair and keep it soft.
- Argan oil, which is loaded with fatty acids, helps to treat and repair dry and damaged hair. It also protects your hair from unwanted frizz and keeps hair problems like split ends at bay. Moreover, it makes your hair softer, smoother, and manageable.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood