Dealing with lice is one of the most annoying situations most people face. And, when it comes to lice, it is not just limited to the person dealing with it, but also others surrounding that person. It is no secret that lice is contagious and can cause a lot of distress to a person suffering from it, including itching, burning or even sometimes dry scalp.
While there are a number of shampoos available in the market that promise to fight off lice, most people often resort to home remedies as they are completely safe and natural to use and are cost-effective too. Speaking of home remedies, have you ever tried using vegetable oil to treat lice? Well, if you haven't, you must try it today. It is one of the most effective and preferred choices when it comes to choosing home remedies to treat lice.
But, before we begin with home remedies to treat lice, let us first understand what are lice and what causes lice?
What Are Lice?
Scientifically called pediculus, lice are parasitic insects that are about two to three millimetres in length. They are usually found at the base of your hair shaft where they often lay eggs, multiplying in size. The main symptom of lice is itching and they survive by feeding on the blood from your scalp.
Although head lice are not deadly, they are contagious and are easily transferred from one person to another by sharing personal beauty products like combs, headbands, or even hair clips. Lice are often found in pre-school and elementary school children.
There are a number of home remedies to treat lice, such as tea tree oil, alcohol, baby oil, olive oil, coconut oil, vinegar, baking soda, petroleum jelly, and even vegetable oil. Listed below is an instant hack to treat head lice at home in the easiest & the most cost-effective way possible.
How To Treat Lice Using Vegetable Oil?
You can treat lice at home by merely heating up some vegetable oil and massaging your scalp thoroughly with it, leaving it overnight to work on the lice, and then washing off your hair in the morning using a mild shampoo, specifically meant for treating lice. You can even make a homemade hair mask using vegetable oil and get rid of lice.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10-12 drops of eucalyptus oil
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Other materials required
- Shower cap
How to do
- In a bowl, take the vegetable oil and eucalyptus oil. Mix both the oils together until they blend into one.
- Add olive oil to the oil concoction.
- Lastly, add the coconut oil and mix all the ingredients together.
- The pack is now ready for application.
- Apply the pack on your scalp and hair thoroughly and leave it overnight. Cover your head with a shower cap to prevent the oil from staining your pillow.
- In the morning, wash off the oil mask with a shampoo and conditioner.
- Use this pack once a week for desired results.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP-Cong Spar Over EVMs Again: This Time There Is An International Conspiracy To It
- ICC Awards 2018 Winners' List: Virat Kohli Sweeps Awards; Makes History
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Reliance Jio To Foray Into E-Commerce Business In India
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider For 2019
- Kangana on #MeToo: I Was Pinched On My B*tt In The Middle Of A Group
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Health Benefits Of L-arginine