- 9 hrs ago Calcium For Adults: Why You Need Calcium, Recommended Daily Intake And Food Sources
- 9 hrs ago Diwali 2019: This Diwali, We Have Compiled Modern Festive Wears For Discerning Men
- 10 hrs ago Congenital Insensitivity To Pain (CIP): Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 10 hrs ago Let Sonam Kapoor Ahuja And Other Divas Inspire You To Dress Your Best For Mid-Week Party
- Movies Made In China Movie Review: Rajkummar Rao & Boman Irani's Solid Act Makes It A 'Satisfying' Watch!
- News Chandrayaan 2's orbiter DFSAR releases image of 'impact Craters' on lunar surface
- Sports BCB boss smells conspiracy behind players' strike but says India tour on
- Technology Lava Z41, Android Go Smartphone Launched In India For Rs. 3,899
- Automobiles BS-IV Models Outselling BS-VI Models This Festive Season: Heavy Discounts Being Offered
- Travel Cruise Ship: A Floating Town Of Laid-Back People
- Finance 6 Pointers To Note When Buying Gold Coin
- Education Explore IBPS RRB Clerk Main Exam Analysis 2019
Jojoba oil is extracted from jojoba plants that usually grow in the western part of the US. This oil has been used to enhance beauty whether it is skin care or hair care. The cosmetic industry has been widely using this ingredient in their products because of its benefits.
Jojoba oil can be used on hair to treat dull and damaged hair. It has anti-inflammatory properties that make it capable of treating any inflammation on the scalp. The antibacterial properties keep scalp infections at bay thus helping you to maintain a healthy mane.
Now let us see how jojoba oil can be used in hair care. Read on!
For Promoting Hair Growth
Our scalp produces a natural oil that helps in promoting hair growth. This natural oil is called sebum and it aids in strengthening the hair follicles. When the scalp does not produce sufficient amount of sebum, it leads to dry scalp that indeed makes the hair brittle and frizzy and also causes split ends. All these will eventually lead to hair fall. So, using jojoba oil will help in retaining the moisture of the hair.
All you require for this is an equal amount of jojoba oil and coconut oil/almond oil/almond oil. In a saucepan add the two oils and allow them to heat in a low flame. After a few minutes you can turn off the heat. Allow the oil mixture to come down to the room temperature. Apply this heated oil on your scalp and hair and gently massage with the help of your fingertips. Leave it on for 30-45 minutes before washing it off with a mild shampoo.
As A Scalp Cleanser
Not only does the lack of sebum damage your hair but excess sebum also does the same. Excess sebum gets accumulated on the scalp and results in the blockage of hair follicles. This ultimately restricts the hair growth. Therefore, our scalp should be cleansed on a regular basis to maintain a healthy mane.
Heat the required amount of coconut oil and start applying it on your hair and scalp and leave it on for half an hour. You can tie your hair into a bun and cover it with a shower cap and damp towel. Later rinse your hair thoroughly with shampoo.
To Treat Fungal Infections
Build-ups and other fungal infections often restrict hair growth. Jojoba oil is the best to keep away germs and such infections. Also, this will help in cleansing the scalp and promote hair growth.
Heat some jojoba oil and apply it on your hair and scalp every day before going to bed. You can wash it off the next day morning. If you have split ends then you can dab some oil on the affected area and wash it off after some time.