It is a great thing to pamper your skin and hair once a while with something extra. Just like you go for a clean-up or a facial to do that something extra for your skin, your hair too needs the same. And, for that, what could be better than a hydrating, nourishing, and repairing hair spa?
When we speak about hair spa, one thing that immediately pops up in our mind is looking for a salon & spa and getting an appointment fixed for a hair spa treatment. But did you know you can even do a hair spa treatment at home now by using some very basic ingredients that are readily available in your kitchen. Now... that wasn't something that you expected right? Getting a hair spa done has become very easy now with proper guidance and some basic ingredients like milk, honey, coconut oil, and even eggs.
Eggs and honey have excellent natural conditioning properties and provide the best treatment for dull, dry, and damaged hair. Speaking of eggs and honey for hair conditioning and reparing, here are some amazing benefits of eggs and honey for hair.
Why Are Eggs & Honey Beneficial For Hair?
Packed with vitamins, nutrients, and proteins, eggs serve as one of the best ingredients for hair. Apart from promoting hair growth, eggs also curb hair loss by nourishing and repairing your scalp and keeping dryness at bay. They add volume and shine to your hair. They possess excellent conditioning properties and also aid in improving the texture of your.
In addition to eggs, honey also serves as a natural conditioner for your hair. It strengthens your hair follicles and curbs hair fall. It posses antibacterial properties that keep hair problems such as dandruff at bay and also prevents scalp infections. It promotes hair growth and deeply nourishes your hair to make it strong, healthy, and shiny.
If you want to learn how to do egg & honey hair spa at home in simple, quick, and easy steps, here's the recipe:
How To Do Egg & Honey Hair Spa At Home?
To do egg and honey hair spa at home, you need some basic ingredients which are listed below. Also, this hair spa treatment is divided into 4 easy steps as mentioned below:
Ingredients & other materials required
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 pot boiling water
- Regular shampoo & conditioner
- A towel
How to prepare egg mask for hair spa
- Crack open the eggs into a small bowl, beat them, and set aside.
- Now, take another bowl and add honey, olive oil, and coconut oil to it.
- Mix eggs with the honey and oils mixture and whisk all the ingredients together until they completely blend into one.
- The egg & honey hair spa mask is now ready for application.
How to do
Step 1: Take generous amount of olive and coconut oil mix in a small bowl, heat it for a few seconds until it becomes lukewarm and then massage it on to your scalp. Apply the oil properly on your hair as well. Massage for about 5-10 minutes and then proceed to the second step.
Step 2: Take a pot of boiling water, bend over it and cover your hair and the pot with a thick towel. Let the steam settle in your hair for about 10 minutes. Once 10 minutes are over, move on to the next step - wash your hair with a shampoo and conditioner.
Step 3: In the step, you need to wash your hair thoroughly with shampoo to remove all oil from your scalp and hair. Once done, use your regular conditioner.
Step 4: Lastly, use a hair mask made using eggs and honey. Apply the hair mask on your scalp and hair. Cover your head with a shower cap and let the pack rest for about 15-20 minutes. Later, wash it off with lukewarm water and air dry your hair.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood