- Technology Redmi Note 7S vs other budget smartphones available in India
- News Weather forecast today: Heavy downpour likely in Kerala as Southwest monsoon advances
- Sports England have no margin for error at World Cup, warns Stokes
- Automobiles Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2019 — Hero MotoCorp Receives Stiff Competition From Honda
- Movies Harshad Chopda & Jennifer Winget Reveal Their Relationship Status & What they Hate About Each Other!
- Education TS Inter Re-verification Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On May 27
- Finance Air India To Add Flights To Domestic And International Routes In June
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Hair care is an essential part of your everyday morning routine. You might not use a shampoo every day, but when you do, you make it a point to clean your hair properly, condition it, and dry it, don't you?
You might have used a number of shampoos that are available in the market, but have you ever made a shampoo at home? No? You must try it once! It's very easy to make and is really beneficial for your hair. Besides, homemade shampoos contain no chemicals so they are absolutely safe to use.
Speaking of homemade shampoos, it is no secret that coconut is one of the best things you can offer your hair and scalp, right? So, how about making a homemade shampoo using coconut & coconut oil? Sounds interesting, doesn't it?
Well then, let's get started with some quick and easy homemade coconut shampoo recipes that will help you achieve long, strong, healthy, and shiny hair in no time. But, before that, let's take a look at some of the essential benefits coconut oil offers:
Benefits Of Coconut & Coconut Oil For Hair
- Stimulates hair growth by penetrating deep into your hair follicles
- Treats dry scalp and helps to prevent dandruff
- Adds shine and lustre to your hair
- Prevents hair breakage and also treats split ends
- Helps to prevent lice infestation
- Nourishes your scalp
- Treats baldness in men with continuous topical application
How To Make Coconut-based Shampoos For Strong Hair?
It's quite an easy task to make coconut oil-based shampoos at home. Listed below are some easy how-to-do recipes that you can actually use:
1. Coconut oil & glycerine shampoo
- ½ cup glycerine
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup liquid soap
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil
- 10 drops of any one essential oil (lavender/rosemary/jojoba)
How to do
- In a bowl, combine glycerine with coconut milk and mix well.
- Next, add coconut oil and essential oil in the given quantities. Blend all the ingredients well
- Lastly, add liquid soap and mix well
- Store the mixture into a squeeze bottle for future use.
2. Coconut milk shampoo
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup hot water
How to do
- In a pan, mix olive oil and coconut milk
- Add water to it and blend well
- Store it in a squeeze bottle for future use.
- You can squeeze out some shampoo from the bottle and massage your scalp with it. It will create a sticky mask-like layer.
- Massage for five minutes and then rinse it off. You can then proceed to use a conditioner.
3. Coconut & honey shampoo
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup aloe vera gel
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon lavender essential oil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary essential oil
- ½ cup liquid castile soap - this ingredient will give you lather. Skip this for lather-free shampoo
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil (optional for those who have dry hair & scalp)
How to do
- Heat water in a pan until it turns lukewarm. Add honey and stir it until it gets mixed completely.
- Add coconut oil and keep stirring
- Next, add both the essential oils and avocado oil
- Add the soap and blend well
- Pour the mixture into a squeeze bottle and store it in the refrigerator - freezer to be specific.
Note: You need to shake the shampoo well before use. This shampoo will last for about 2-3 weeks.