Honey - a very basic and the most common ingredient found in almost every kitchen - is not just for consumption or to be used in a face pack, but it is also equally beneficial for your hair. Honey is an emollient which acts as a natural conditioner, thus promising softer and silkier hair.
Right from acting as a natural deep conditioner to boosting hair growth, honey no doubt has a myriad of benefits to offer. Rich in antioxidants, it one of the choicest picks when it comes to hair care. Listed below are some amazing benefits of honey for hair care:
Benefits Of Honey For Hair Care
Honey is humectant
It's not secret that honey is humectant - which means that it helps in preserving the moisture in your scalp. It has the tendency to hold the dampness in your scalp, thus never letting it get dry. Moreover, honey also helps to curb hair fall and hair breakage, which protecting your hair from problems like split ends.
It contains antibacterial and antiseptic properties
Honey contains antibacterial and antiseptic properties that prevent any kind of scalp infections like psoriasis. It also keeps your scalp bacteria-free, thus paving way for healthy scalp and stronger hair roots which, in turn, promote hair growth.
Imparts hair colour
As you all might already know, honey has natural bleaching properties - which means that when it is applied to your hair, it imparts a natural colour to it. It adds subtle highlights to your hair and also makes it shiny and smooth. If you want a more intense colour by merely using honey, you can add a few teaspoons of honey to your regular hair conditioner and apply it to your hair after shampooing and allow it to stay for a few minutes, post which you can wash your hair with warm water.
Moisturises dry hair & scalp
Your hair is constantly exposed to so much dirt, dust, and pollution everyday which tends to damage it slowly. It is, therefore, very important to take good care of your hair and treat it to the goodness of natural conditioning ingredients like honey from time to time. Honey helps to get rid of the excess dryness in your hair and moisturises and nourishes it, thus strengthening your hair follicles. Also, honey helps to keep your scalp free from itchiness.
Strengthens hair follicles
Honey is a natural emollient which ensures that it strengthens your hair follicles and enables hair growth.
Now that you know what good can honey alone do to your hair, you might have already decided to give it a try, right? And, if you have, you must surely try making a homemade hair conditioner using honey and give your hair the much-needed strength boost, shine, and lustre. Listed below is a quick and easy-to-make honey hair conditioner recipe for all hair types.
How To Make Honey Hair Conditioner At Home?
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rosewater
- 2 tbsp mashed banana
- 1 tsp yoghurt
How to do
- In a bowl, add some honey and rosewater and mix both the ingredients well.
- Next, mash half a banana and add it to the honey-rosewater mix. Blend all the ingredients well until they form a creamy paste.
- Lastly, add some yoghurt to the paste and whisk all the ingredients together
- Apply the pack on your scalp and hair and massage for about five minutes. Let the pack stay on your head for another 20-25 minutes and cover it up with a shower cap.
- Later, wash it off with warm water and leave your hair to air dry.
- Repeat this pack once a week for desired results.
Well, isn't honey absolutely incredible? Do include it in your hair care routine and never have a bad hair day again.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP-Cong Spar Over EVMs Again: This Time There Is An International Conspiracy To It
- ICC Awards 2018 Winners' List: Virat Kohli Sweeps Awards; Makes History
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Reliance Jio To Foray Into E-Commerce Business In India
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider For 2019
- Kangana on #MeToo: I Was Pinched On My B*tt In The Middle Of A Group
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Health Benefits Of L-arginine