- 1 hr ago Here Are Fashion Lessons From Deepika Padukone In How To Slay It In Formal And Glamourous
- 2 hrs ago Finding It Difficult To Deal With Roommates? Tips That Will Make Your Life Easy
- 2 hrs ago Red Sari Or Pink Sari, Which Sari Of Janhvi Kapoor's Did We Like More?
- 3 hrs ago 9 Healthy Dietary Tips For Marathon Runners
- News Amit Shah dares Opposition on Citizenship Act, says protest as much as you can
- Movies Grammy 2020: Everything You Need To Know, Performers, Presenters And How To Watch
- Automobiles TVS Star City Plus BS6 Teaser Released: Launch On 25 January
- Technology Nubia Red Magic 5G Gaming Smartphone Confirmed To Feature Wireless Cast
- Sports Mbappe affirms PSG commitment amid Real Madrid links and says Liverpool are 'like a machine'
- Finance ICICI Bank Launches Cardless Cash Withdrawal Facility: Know How It Works
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
A natural healing clay, bentonite clay is also known as Aztec Indian Healing clay, is often used and sold in the form of a hair mask pack and has a number of benefits to offer. It is one of the coolest products to be used on your scalp and works wonders when it frees your scalp from any kind of impurities, dirt, dust, or toxins.
For many women, bentonite clay is known to be a preferred choice when it comes to hair care, especially oily scalp.
Benefits Of Bentonite Clay For Hair
Bentonite clay has an array of benefits to offer, some of which are listed below:
When a fungus known as malassezia infects your scalp, dandruff is formed. This fungus lives on the excess oil formed by your scalp and, in turn, forms and spreads dandruff. When you apply bentonite clay to your scalp, it soaks up the excess oil, thus destroying the fungus totally and preventing the formation of those tiny flakes called dandruff.
Prevents scalp infections
Bentonite clay is known to draw out toxins, impurities, dirt, and dust settled on your scalp, and by doing that, it also prevents any kind of scalp infections.
Stimulates hair growth
Bentonite clay contains sodium, potassium, and calcium - all the three minerals that are extremely essential for hair growth. Moreover, it also removes any dead skin cells on your scalp and thus strengthens your hair follicles and promotes hair growth
Adds shine and lustre to your hair
It is also known to add shine and lustre to your hair when used in the form of a hair mask. It also conditions your hair.
How To Make Bentonite Clay Hair Mask At Home?
- ½ cup bentonite clay
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp castor oil
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp almond oil
- 1 cup water
How to do
- In a bowl, add some bentonite clay.
- Now add coconut oil and castor oil to the clay and mix all the ingredients well.
- Next, add some apple cider vinegar and blend all the ingredients together
- Add almond oil to the mixture next.
- Add water if necessary, although it won't be required much.
- Ensure that the mixture has good consistency - just like yoghurt - smooth. Make sure that there are no lumps formed in it. The mixture is now ready for application.
How to apply
- Rinse your hair with water.
- Apply the pack on your hair using a brush. Make sure that you apply the paste to all your hair - from roots to tips.
- If your hair starts to get dry while applying the pack, you can spray some water to dampen it a little.
- Once you have applied the pack, cover your head with a shower cap and let the pack stay for about 20 minutes
- Rinse off your hair using your regular shampoo and conditioner.