- 11 min ago What Does Your Headache Reveal About Your Overall Health?
- 11 min ago A BBC Show Gets Photobombed By A Dog In The Funniest Way Possible
- 2 hrs ago First Aid For Acid Attacks: What You Can Do As A Witness
- 2 hrs ago Anand Mahindra Says We Should Stop Making Excuses After Watching 72-YO Woman's Workout Video
- Movies Rani Mukerji Says Her Character From Mardaani 2 Wouldn’t Fit In Rohit Shetty’s Cop Universe
- News Citizenship bill will benefit 1.5 cr people; 50pc are SC, STs: RSS
- Sports Yuvraj Singh most searched Indian sportsperson in 2019 in the country; Rishabh Pant second athlete in top ten
- Technology ISRO Successfully Launches Risat Surveillance, Nine Commercial Satellites In 21 Minutes
- Finance Facebook, Google No Longer In The List Of Top 10 Workplaces
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Our hair is the most important feature of our body. We spend so much time and money to take care of it. We would always want to look our very best all the time. But is it possible?
The weather, humidity and pollution cause an irreversible damage to our hair every day. The harsh rays of the sun also damage it beyond repair. But the important thing to ask is what do we do in order to combat the damage?
How do we nourish our hair? With chemical-laden products, which do nothing but damage it further! No matter how expensive your hair products are, they damage more than do good to your hair.
Oily hair can be a pain to deal with. If your hair looks limp and sticky most of the time and you have to wash it every day, you have an oily scalp. It is nothing abnormal; you just have to understand the underlying cause of it to treat it effectively.
Oily hair is so because your scalp is producing excess sebum than necessary. Our hair follicles produce natural oils to nourish our scalp and hair. These oils protect our hair follicles, which muster the growth of hair. They also act as a shield for our hair and scalp and protect it from damage due to the sun and pollution. All this sounds great. But the trouble starts when the hair follicles produce more oil than necessary. Although this is no reason of concern, limp and oily hair does not look good. The excess oil also traps dust particles easily.
There are many reasons for the scalp producing excess sebum. The reasons may vary from heredity, dietary or lifestyle choices. You might use a shampoo specifically for your hair type. If you are washing your hair every day to get rid of the excess oil, that is where you are going wrong.
Washing your hair will strip off all the essential oils from the scalp. So the scalp ends up producing more oil in the process. It is all a vicious cycle.
So you can't use regular shampoos or wash your hair every day. Then what do you do, you ask? The answer lies in one word - Homemade!
Homemade and natural is the way to go. It is possible to make a shampoo for your hair at home. It is super-effective to cleanse your hair without causing damage. And the great part is, it will cost you less than a dime.
Given below is one of the most effective recipes for oily hair. Famously called the No Poo recipe, meaning there is no use of a shampoo. It is made using ingredients you can already find in your kitchen, which are super-effective.
Baking Soda And Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo:
These two ingredients are the most effective way to get rid of oily hair and scalp. The combination is one of the best cleansing agents that dissolves the dust particles without drying the scalp or stripping it off of its excess oil. It will make your hair feel less greasy instantly. It is completely safe to use.
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
1) Wet your hair thoroughly.
2) Take the baking soda in your palms and rub it on to the hair and scalp.
3) Rinse off.
4) Dilute the vinegar in half a jug of water and use it as a last rinse.
You have to use it once in order to realize its benefits. It will make your hair shiny smooth to touch, without stripping all of its oils. Best of both worlds.