Honey is one natural hair care ingredient that can provide deep nourishment to damaged, brittle and dried-out locks. Packed with humectant properties, honey acts as a hair health booster and improves the appearance of your otherwise dull-looking hair.
Dry and brittle hair is a beauty problem that is far too common among women living in the urban areas. That is mainly because of the alarming increase in the air pollution levels in most of the cities these days.
Apart from that, usage of chemical-infused hair products as well as heat-styling tools can cause your hair to become dry and brittle.
So, if you too are someone who struggles with this hair problem, then you should consider making honey an essential part of your weekly hair care routine.
There are various ways in which you can make use of this wonderful natural ingredient.
Here, we've listed some of those ways that can help you get soft, smooth and shiny tresses. Take a look.
1. Honey + Avocado
- Thoroughly, mash a ripe avocado and mix it with 2-3 teaspoons of honey and 1 tablespoon of rose water.
- Work the mix onto your scalp area and tresses. Leave it there for about 30 minutes.
- Wash off the residue with lukewarm water and repeat the same process after a week for noticeable results.
2. Honey + Olive Oil
- Blend 2 tablespoons of olive oil with 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Apply it to your scalp area and let it sit there for about 15 minutes before cleansing it off with lukewarm water.
- Later on, use tepid water and a mild shampoo to wash away the residue.
3. Honey + Egg White
- Put a separated egg white in a bowl and add 2 teaspoons of honey to it. Stir properly to mix the ingredients.
- Smear the resulting material on your scalp and tresses.
- After keeping it there for 30 minutes, wash off the residue with room temperature water.
4. Honey + Banana
- Simply mash a ripe banana and mix it with 2 teaspoons of organic honey.
- Massage the mix to your scalp area.
- Shampoo your hair after keeping the mix on for about 20 minutes.
5. Honey + Lemon Juice
- Create a blend of 1 teaspoon of honey and 5 tablespoons of rose water and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Rinse your hair with the resulting material.
- Let the residue stay there for about 5-10 minutes before washing it off with a mild shampoo.
6. Honey + Coconut Oil
- Just combine ½ a teaspoon of honey with 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Spread the blend on your scalp and allow it to stay there for at least 15 minutes.
- Use tepid water and a mild shampoo to wash off the residue from your head.
7. Honey + Aloe Vera Gel
- Merge 1 teaspoon of honey with 2-3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel.
- Cover your scalp with the resulting material and let it stay there for a good 20 minutes.
- Cleanse off the residue with tepid water and your regular shampoo.
8. Honey + Apple Cider Vinegar
- Put together a blend of 1 teaspoon of honey, ½ a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 3 tablespoons of rose water.
- Rinse your hair with the prepared concoction.
- After 5-10 minutes, wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
9. Honey + Green Tea
- Brew a cup of unsweetened green tea and let it cool off for a little while before mixing it with 1 teaspoon of organic honey.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water prior to rinsing it with this homemade concoction.
- Allow it to stay there for a good 10 minutes before using a mild shampoo to wash off the residue.
- 9 Ketogenic Diet Foods To Avoid
- 13 Home Remedies For Itchy Skin
- What Is Manuka Honey? Benefits And Side Effects
- 9 Health Benefits Of Aloe Vera & Honey When Consumed Every Morning
- Natural Lip Scrub Recipes For A Super-smooth Pout
- 10 Effective Home Remedies For Dry Cough
- Foods Rich In Vitamin B4 To Overcome Vitamin B4 Deficiency
- 13 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Tongue Blisters
- 12 Home Remedies For Mosquito Bites To Bring Instant Relief
- 12 Home Remedies For Bronchitis Cough
- Top 11 Indian Home Remedies For Insomnia
- Top 12 Health Benefits Of Raw Honey You Didn't Know
- Grow Your Hair Faster With Beer! Hair Care Benefits Of Beer