Chopping off the tip of your hair after spotting split ends can only give you a temporary relief from the problem. In order to prevent split ends from occurring in the future, it is essential to treat it.
At first, let's try to understand why split ends occur in the first place. Hair care experts believe that this unsightly condition occurs when the outermost layer of the hair becomes damaged. Weak and damaged hair splits and ends up looking frayed and lifeless.
Hence, it is essential to repair the damage to treat split ends and prevent them from recurring. Though there are scores of hair care products available in the beauty stores that claim to treat split ends, there are hardly any that can do so without further damaging your hair.
That is because, a majority of those products are loaded with harsh chemicals that may do more harm than good to your hair.
That is why, it is best to try out natural treatments which can tackle this problem in an effective manner without causing any kind of a harm to your tresses.
There are various at-home treatments that can be tried; however, there is one in particular that is known to work wonders on this particular hair issue.
We're talking about a homemade hair mask that is made with hair-benefiting ingredients like amla powder, coconut milk, shikakai powder, etc. This is unlike any regular homemade mask you would have ever used.
Application of this mask can repair damaged hair, thereby treating split ends. Apart from that, it can also boost your hair's overall health in ways you cannot possibly fathom.
Most importantly, this homemade mask is easy to prepare and will help you achieve gorgeous locks that are free of split ends.
Today, at Boldsky, we'll let you know everything that you need to know about the ultimate split-ends hair mask. Take a look at the details here:
Causes Of Split Ends:
Before we begin with the process of preparing this homemade mask, it is essential to know about the factors that cause split ends.
The most common ones are excessive usage of heat styling tools, vigorous brushing of the hair, genetic disorders, over-washing, over-usage of chemical-infused hair products, etc.
Benefits Of The Ingredients Used:
Amla powder, reetha powder and shikakai powder are packed with powerful antioxidants that can repair damaged hair. On the other hand, coconut milk is a powerhouse of nutrients that can boost your hair's overall health.
At last, milk is used, as it is loaded with proteins and vitamins which can strengthen your hair's structure and prevent it from looking frayed.
Benefits Of This Homemade Mask:
The combination of all the previously stated ingredients can repair your damaged hair whilst treating split ends. Other than that, application of this mask can also nourish your hair roots and make your locks appear voluminous and shiny.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 teaspoon of amla powder
- 3 teaspoons of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of reetha powder
- 1 teaspoon of shikakai powder
- 1 teaspoon of milk
How To Prepare:
- Take a glass bowl and put all the ingredients in it.
- Thoroughly mix the ingredients to get the mask ready.
How To Use:
- Apply the mask on the tips of your hair and massage it for a few minutes.
- Once done, smear the mask on the scalp area as well and massage for a little while.
- Allow the mask to stay on for about 30-40 minutes.
- Wash off the residue with lukewarm water.
Things To Remember:
- Use this hair mask 2-3 times in a week for best results.
- Prevent the usage of heat styling tools for at least a day after this at-home treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 3-4 hours after applying this mask.
- Stay away from hair colour and dye for at least a little while to prevent your hair from getting damaged again.
- Wonderful DIY Hair Masks For Curly Locks
- Even Out Your Skin Tone With These Lemon Juice Face Masks
- Amazing Mayonnaise Face Mask Recipes You Need For Flawless Skin
- Deep Conditioning Yogurt Hair Masks You Should Try
- 10 Anti-ageing Eye Masks You Can Easily Make At Home
- DIY Recipe For Silky Soft Hair
- DIY Homemade Hair Fall Mask Recipe
- Wonderful 2-Ingredient DIY Masks For Oily Hair
- Want Thicker, Luscious Hair? These Homemade Hair Masks Are The Answer!
- Get Rid Of Facial Hair Now, With These Home Remedies And Hair Removal Mask Recipes
- Homemade Aloe Vera Face Mask Recipes For All Skin Types For Everyday Use
- Not-so-messy Mud Mask Recipes That You Can Try At Home
- Are Split Ends Worrying You? Here Are Natural Ways To Treat Them