- 10 min ago Arjun Kapoor’s Panipat Promotions Wardrobe Has All The Outfits Which Can Make You Look Stylish
- 40 min ago Hair Dyes Can Increase The Risk Of These 6 Diseases
- 56 min ago Jacqueline Fernandez, Nushrat Bharucha Give Us Winter-perfect And Summer-ideal Airport Attire Goals
- 1 hr ago 7 Ways To End A Dry Spell In Your Relationship And Have A Healthy Sex life
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Sports Sunil Chhetri is irreplaceable: Igor Stimac
- Movies Venky Mama Pre-release Business: Venkatesh-Naga Chaitanya Movie Strikes A Good Deal!
- News 'Justice should not be revenge', says CJI SA Bobde a day after Hyderabad encounter
- Technology OnePlus 8 Lite Design Revealed Via CAD-Based Renders
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Automobiles Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Swimming is not only a great exercise form, but it is an excellent way to keep yourself cool during the hot summer days. However, the dark side of swimming is that it affects your skin and hair to a great extent. It may leave your hair dry and moistureless, which may tangle the hair strands quite often.
Moreover, if you have coloured hair, the real struggle begins while you go for swimming and even after you have finished swimming. Due to the high amount of chlorine present in the swimming pool water, it can not only affect your hair, but also fade the colour on hair, in case you have coloured your hair recently.
Well, if you are worried about your coloured hair, here's how you should take care of it while swimming. Take a look at these steps on how to protect coloured hair if you wish to go swimming.
Step 1: Oiling Your Hair
You should oil your hair before entering the pool, as it will help to protect the colour of the hair and prevent it from fading. You should try to coat your hair with coconut oil or olive oil, as it prevents any kind of a damage. Coconut oil or olive oil works as a slippery barrier between your strands and harmful chlorine. Always coat your hair properly with oil before entering any pool.
Step 2. Sunscreen
You could use a sunscreen on hair before entering the pool. Sunscreen for hair is specially formulated to prevent any damage to your hair follicles. Sunscreen on hair not only prevents the colour on hair from fading, but it also prevents chemical damage to the scalp. Also, application of sunscreen helps to repair the frizz and split ends.
Step 3: Rinse After You Come Out Of The Pool
You should rinse your hair with plain water after swimming, as it helps to wash off the salt and chlorine accumulated on the upper layer of the scalp and hair. Avoid using hot water, as it may lead to breakage and expected hair loss issues. Always use cold water to rinse your hair, so that the chemical build-up can be washed off easily.
Step 4: Use A Shampoo Specially Made For Coloured Hair
Once you are done with rinsing your hair, you should shampoo your scalp and hair properly. Using a shampoo that is specially suited for coloured hair helps to nourish the hair strands and return the shine. You should always be using a hydrating shampoo for coloured hair. If you have red or blonde highlights, opt for sulphate-free shampoos.
Step 5: Use A Conditioner That Is Suitable For Coloured Hair
You should never skip using a conditioner after washing your hair with a shampoo. Using a good conditioner is the only option to restore hydration and strength to the scalp and hair, especially the one that suits coloured hair. Using a conditioner prevents the hair from becoming dry and it also protects your hair from the extra damage that can be caused by the harsh chemicals in the pool water. Opt for hydrating or sulphate-free conditioners to hydrate your hair strands thoroughly.