- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 19 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 17 hrs ago World Photography Day 2022: Date, Theme, History, Celebrations, Significance and Activities
- 18 hrs ago Century-Old TB Vaccine Could Be Effective Against Covid-19 And Other Infections: New Study
- 18 hrs ago Hair Slugging - The Newest Beauty Trend For Healthy Hair
- News World Mosquito Day 2022: Date, significance, theme and all you need to know
- Sports AB de Villiers takes up a noble role, mentors two underprivileged children in India
- Technology Excitel 400Mbps Broadband Plan Sets New Benchmark In India
- Movies Rucha Hasabnis AKA Rashi From Saath Nibhaana Saathiya To Welcome Her Second Child Soon; See Post
- Finance Buy This Small-Cap Engineering Sector Stock Call For Target Price Of Rs 601, Surged 7.64%% In 1 Week
- Travel World Photography Day 2022: Prettiest Cities In The World For Instagram Pictures
- Education CGPSC SO, CMO 2022 Exam Date Announced; Check Schedule Here
- Automobiles Porsche 911 GT3 RS 992 Revealed With Bonkers Aero Package & 518bhp
Swimming is not only a great exercise form, but it is an excellent way to keep yourself cool during the hot summer days. However, the dark side of swimming is that it affects your skin and hair to a great extent. It may leave your hair dry and moistureless, which may tangle the hair strands quite often.
Moreover, if you have coloured hair, the real struggle begins while you go for swimming and even after you have finished swimming. Due to the high amount of chlorine present in the swimming pool water, it can not only affect your hair, but also fade the colour on hair, in case you have coloured your hair recently.
Well, if you are worried about your coloured hair, here's how you should take care of it while swimming. Take a look at these steps on how to protect coloured hair if you wish to go swimming.
Step 1: Oiling Your Hair
You should oil your hair before entering the pool, as it will help to protect the colour of the hair and prevent it from fading. You should try to coat your hair with coconut oil or olive oil, as it prevents any kind of a damage. Coconut oil or olive oil works as a slippery barrier between your strands and harmful chlorine. Always coat your hair properly with oil before entering any pool.
Step 2. Sunscreen
You could use a sunscreen on hair before entering the pool. Sunscreen for hair is specially formulated to prevent any damage to your hair follicles. Sunscreen on hair not only prevents the colour on hair from fading, but it also prevents chemical damage to the scalp. Also, application of sunscreen helps to repair the frizz and split ends.
Step 3: Rinse After You Come Out Of The Pool
You should rinse your hair with plain water after swimming, as it helps to wash off the salt and chlorine accumulated on the upper layer of the scalp and hair. Avoid using hot water, as it may lead to breakage and expected hair loss issues. Always use cold water to rinse your hair, so that the chemical build-up can be washed off easily.
Step 4: Use A Shampoo Specially Made For Coloured Hair
Once you are done with rinsing your hair, you should shampoo your scalp and hair properly. Using a shampoo that is specially suited for coloured hair helps to nourish the hair strands and return the shine. You should always be using a hydrating shampoo for coloured hair. If you have red or blonde highlights, opt for sulphate-free shampoos.
Step 5: Use A Conditioner That Is Suitable For Coloured Hair
You should never skip using a conditioner after washing your hair with a shampoo. Using a good conditioner is the only option to restore hydration and strength to the scalp and hair, especially the one that suits coloured hair. Using a conditioner prevents the hair from becoming dry and it also protects your hair from the extra damage that can be caused by the harsh chemicals in the pool water. Opt for hydrating or sulphate-free conditioners to hydrate your hair strands thoroughly.
- diet fitness10 Exercises That Burn More Calories Than Running
- diabetesBest Exercises For People With Diabetes
- diet fitnessHow Does Butterfly Stroke In Swimming Help In Weight Loss?
- wellness5 Types Of Swimming Strokes And Their Health Benefits
- wellnessDealing With Depression? Here's How Cold Water Swimming Can Help
- wellnessWhy Shouldn't You Swim After Eating?
- hair careTips And Tricks To Care For Your Hair While Swimming
- body careBefore And After Swimming Beauty Tips For Swimmers
- wellness10 Brilliant Benefits Of Swimming You Should Know
- diet fitnessRunning Versus Swimming: Which Is A Better Form Of Exercise?
- skin careSkincare Tips To Be Followed During Swimming
- postnatalIs It Safe To Swim During The Breastfeeding Stage?