Thick and long hair is on the wish list of many women. We're sure there's no one who wouldn't want that. It certainly makes us look younger.
Many of us experience hair fall daily which reduces our hair thickness. This may happen because of pollution, sun damage or due to the use of unnatural chemical shampoos.
Most of the shampoos available in the market are laden with chemicals such as sodium laurate sulphate and parabens that are just detergents and do nothing good.
These ingredients cause hair fall and premature graying. They dry our hair excessively and strip the essential oils from scalp, which makes our hair and scalp more prone to damage.
That is why natural way is the best way to go. If you had long luscious hair during your childhood days, it was because your mother used to make sure to use only the best natural ingredients.
Didn't she keep advising you to shampoo your hair less often? That is what kept your hair healthy and thick. But it is never too late. You can get long and thick hair by using a few effective natural ingredients.
Mentioned below are a few effective homemade hair masks that can naturally increase your hair volume and also provide a proper nourishment for faster hair growth.
1) Hibiscus And Curry Leaves Mask For Thicker Hair
Hibiscus is very effective in increasing hair thickness. Curry leaves can strengthen your hair and reduce hair fall. Both the ingredients will make your hair strong, silky and shiny.
- A handful of hibiscus leaves
- A handful of curry leaves
- Hair oil of your choice
1) Grind both the leaves in a mortar and pestle using water to make a smooth paste.
2) Oil your hair using your regular oil.
3) Apply the hibiscus-curry leaf paste to the oiled hair.
4) Keep it on for an hour and use an organic shampoo to wash it off.
5) Repeat it for at least twice a week.
2) Avocado And Egg White Mask For Long And Thick Hair
Avocado is very potent, as it contains loads of proteins and vitamins, magnesium, iron and copper. Egg white is a powerhouse of proteins, which is the building block of hair. This hair mask will give you super thick hair, which is healthy and strong.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 egg white
- A few drops of olive oil
1) Remove the seed of an avocado and mash the pulp.
2) Mix the egg white and the olive oil to it.
3) Apply this onto the hair and leave it on for 15 minutes.
4) Wash it off with a natural shampoo.
3) Amla And Reetha For Long And Thick Hair
Alma and reetha are Indian herbs, which are long used for hair care. They are extremely potent when used together. No wonder you see most of natural shampoos with a combination of these two.
- 1/2 a cup of amla
- 1/2 a cup of reetha
- 1/2 a jug of water
1) Soak the amla and reetha overnight in the water.
2) The next morning, boil the mixture.
3) When it is significantly reduced, remove from heat and mash it a little.
4) Let it cool down.
5) Strain the liquid and apply it onto the hair.
6) Rinse with lukewarm water.
4) Fenugreek And Coconut Oil Hair Pack For Long And Thick Hair
Fenugreek seeds are an ancient secret for long and thick hair. Coconut oil can provide a perfect nourishment for hair growth.
- 1 handful of fenugreek seeds
- Coconut oil according to your hair length
1) Dry roast the fenugreek seeds and powder them in a grinder.
2) Mix this powder along with the coconut oil.
3) Apply it onto the hair length and scalp. Leave it on for an hour.
4) Rinse it off with water. Do not shampoo immediately.
5) Amla Oil For Thicker Hair
Amla is a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants. It also has many health benefits for our whole body as well. Amla nourishes our hair and makes it grow faster. The hair becomes strong and healthy with regular use of amla.
- 6-7 pieces of dry amla
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
1) Heat the coconut oil.
2) Add the pieces of dried amla and leave it on for 5-6 hours.
3) Remove the pieces of amla and use the oil on your hair. You can alternatively use amla powder in the coconut oil.
4) Keep overnight and wash off with a herbal shampoo in the morning.