- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 18 January 2020
- 10 hrs ago What Causes Vitamin B12 Deficiency And How To Treat It
- 11 hrs ago Common Myths And Its Facts About Diabetes
- 13 hrs ago 10 Effective Natural Remedies For Treating Ear Pimples
- News IBPS Calendar 2020 released: Direct link to download
- Movies Sarileru Neekevvaru Day 7 Box Office Collections: First Telugu Film To Cross 100 Crore In 2020!
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Up To 40% Off On Premium Smartphones
- Sports Bapu Nadkarni demise: Sunil Gavaskar condoles his death of former India all-rounder; remembers him as 'helpful manager'
- Automobiles MG Will Showcase A Total Of 14 Models At The 2020 Auto Expo: Future Of Mobility
- Finance Reliance Announces Q3 Results; Net Profit Climbs 13%
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Exposure to harsh sun rays can cause damage to your hair and make it appear brittle, dry and lackluster.
That is why, the beauty experts always urge people to safeguard their precious tresses from the harmful rays of the sun. These rays can steal your scalp's moisture and wreak havoc in the overall appearance of your tresses.
Thankfully, there are a bunch of things you can do to repair your damaged hair and restore natural shine and health to it. Today, at Boldsky, we've brought together a list of such things that can prove to be life-changing in repairing sun damaged hair.
By making a few changes in your hair routine, you'll be able to fix your damaged hair without going through any pricey cosmetic treatment. Moreover, all the below-mentioned ways are wallet-friendly and effective.
Give them a try to get healthier and shinier hair. Read on to explore about these ways:
1. Rinse Your Hair With Beer
Beer has the ability to nourish your hair from the roots. Using it on a regular basis can strengthen your locks and repair the damage caused by the harsh sun rays. After shampooing your hair, use beer to rinse your hair with. Try this at least twice a week to fix damaged hair.
2. Use Leave-in Hair Conditioner
Leave-in hair conditioner can work excellently on damaged hair. It can soften your hair's texture, make it frizz-free and ensure that your scalp stays well-moisturized for a long period of time. Use this hair conditioning product at least twice a week to get noticeable changes in your hair's appearance and health.
3. Apply Rosemary Oil Blend
Rosemary oil is a powerhouse of antioxidants that can restore health and shine to your sun-damaged hair. Just treat your troubled hair with a homemade blend to get the kind of relief hair your desires. Prepare a concoction of 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 3-4 drops of rosemary oil. Use this to treat sun-damaged hair on a weekly basis.
4. Use Curry Leaves
Curry leaves is packed with various nutrients that can rejuvenate your hair and help it regain its natural shine and softness. Just put a handful of curry leaves in a pot of boiling water. Let it boil for about 10 minutes before turning off the stove. Then, allow the solution to cool off before rinsing your hair with it. This treatment can be tried once a week to put your dry and brittle hair days behind.
5. Avoid Using Hair Colour For Some Time
Hair colour and bleaching products are often infused with harsh chemicals that can further exacerbate the damage. In order to prevent that from happening, you will have to stay away from such hair-styling products for a few months. By doing this simple thing, you will help your locks get better and prevent any further damage.
6. Use Mayonnaise
When it comes to treating sun-damaged hair, mayonnaise is considered to be a true favourite. Loaded with hair-benefiting proteins and antioxidants, mayonnaise can restore health and shine to your dull and damaged hair. Just slather this remedial ingredient all over your scalp and hair. Let it stay there for a good 20 minutes before cleaning with tepid water.
7. Try Warm Coconut Oil Treatment
Treating your locks and scalp with warm coconut oil is an age-old way of repairing sun-damaged hair. It can revive the state of your hair and provide it with the much-required nourishment that can significantly improve the health and looks of your otherwise dull-looking tresses. Just warm 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil and apply it to your hair. Leave it overnight and wash off with tepid water in the morning. You can try this at-home treatment on a weekly basis to get shiny and strong hair.
8. Use Black Tea
Black tea has often been cited as an excellent hair-benefiting ingredient that can soften your hair and restore shine to your dull-looking locks. The nutrients present in it can fix the damage and help you achieve gorgeous locks. Just rinse your hair with homemade unsweetened black tea on a weekly basis to get great results.