Tried out a trunk-load of anti-dandruff products? Still haven't found the one that would give you relief from the regular dandruff issue? If yes, then trust us when we say that we've all been there and are well aware of the trials and tribulations of this hair problem.
Itchy scalp and flakes all over the shoulders are the two most common signs of this harrowing hair condition. And, turning a blind eye to this specific problem can prove to be extremely harmful for your tresses.
Presence of dandruff in your hair can weaken its texture and cause breakage. That is why, it is crucial to address this hair concern on an immediate basis.
The first thing that most of us do after we spot those white flakes on our scalp and shoulder is head to the nearest beauty store and get ourselves an anti-dandruff shampoo.
However, a majority of these shampoos are infused with harsh chemicals that can further exacerbate the fungal infection that causes dandruff.
Such products do more harm than good. So, forgo of the expensive over-the-counter anti-dandruff products and instead try something natural and herbal.
No, we're not asking you to purchase a natural hair care product. In fact, we're going to let you know how to make your own dandruff-curing solution. And, everything you need to make this solution is right there in the shelves of your kitchen.
Certain age-old herbal ingredients like amla powder, reetha powder, shikakai powder, etc., are known to inhibit the growth of dandruff-causing fungus and prevent flaking of the skin on your scalp.
Just whisk them together and create your very own anti-dandruff solution. Free of chemicals, effective and inexpensive, this solution is all you need to leave those dandruff days behind.
Here we've listed all the information you need regarding this effective hair solution:
Note: Test the following solution on a patch of your scalp before applying it all over your head.
Before learning on how to make the solution, have a look at the list of factors that cause dandruff.
Causes Of Dandruff:
- Not maintaining proper hair hygiene
- Fungal infections
- Oily scalp
- Using bad-quality hair products
- Hereditary factors
Benefits Of Using This Solution:
This wonderful homemade herbal solution is a powerhouse of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. All the ingredients used to make this solution are replete with hair-benefiting agents.
These properties enable this homemade solution to destroy the infection-causing bacteria, thereby treating dandruff from the roots.
Regular usage of this solution can safeguard your hair and scalp from this unsightly and unpleasant condition and also prevent it from recurring in the future.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 teaspoon of amla powder
- 5-6 neem leaves
- 1 teaspoon of shikakai powder
- 1 teaspoon of methi powder
- 1 teaspoon of reetha powder
- 1 cup of water
How To Prepare:
- Take a pan and heat it prior to pouring 1 cup of water into it.
- Add the stated amount of all the ingredients. Close the lid of the pan and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Open the lid and remove the pan from the stove.
- Allow the solution to cool off while stirring with a spoon.
- Strain the prepared solution into a bowl.
How To Use:
- Pour the solution onto your head.
- Gently massage the scalp area with your fingertips for a few minutes.
- Wash off the residue with lukewarm water.
Things To Remember:
- Use this homemade solution at least 2-3 times in a week for best results.
- Take proper care of your hair to ensure that these infections stay at bay.
- Wash your hair on a regular basis to prevent the build-up of debris on the scalp area.
- Use hair care products in moderation.
- The Ultimate Guide To Wavy Hairstyles For Long Hair
- Overnight Avocado, Rosemary Oil And Olive Oil Mask That Suits All Hair Types
- 3 Easy Hacks To Get Rid Of Greasy Hair
- 10 Amazing Beauty Benefits Of Cranberries For Skin And Hair
- Follow These Showering Tips For Healthy Hair
- Does Using Hard Water Cause Hair Fall?
- How To Deal With Your Hair In Humidity
- How To Use Spinach For Hair Growth
- How To Use Amla For Hair Care?
- Henna And Amla Mask For Hair Growth
- Benefits Of Spinach For Skin And Hair
- Benefits Of Orange Peel For Hair Care