- 21 min ago 5 Facts About Bougainville - The World's Newest Nation'
- 1 hr ago Cuteness Alert: Adorable Pandas Doing Funny Activities Will Make You Fall In Love With Them
- 2 hrs ago Sania Mirza Keeps Her Jewellery Game Strong At Sister, Anam Mirza's Wedding Festivities
- 2 hrs ago Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Gives Fabulous Fashion Goals With Her Amazing Outfits
- Technology NASA Mars 2020 Rover To Hunt For Early Life Evidence
- News Infiltration from Pak being ignored: Shiv Sena after passage of CAB
- Sports ISL 2019-20: NorthEast United FC, Chennaiyin FC match postponed due to unrest
- Movies Eid 2020 Box Office Battle: Salman Khan Reacts To Locking Horns With Akshay Kumar
- Finance Time To Be A Little Cautious On The Markets
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
It goes without saying that colour-treated hair requires extra care and attention. If not, the strands may start to appear dry, brittle and the colour may also fade away sooner than expected.
That is because the chemical compounds present in most hair-colour products can adversely affect your hair's health and weaken it from the roots.
However, it is possible to prevent that from happening. All you need to do is follow certain hair care tips to maintain your hair's overall health and also ensure that your hair colour lasts for a long period of time.
To simplify things for you, today at Boldsky we've rounded up some great tips that can help you maintain a healthy look and shine in your colour-treated hair.
These tried-and-tested tips are super easy to follow and are cost effective.
Read on to know more about these at-home hair care tips, here:
1. Regular Coconut Oil Massage
Coconut oil treatment is cited as a traditional way of protecting the coloured hair. The ingredients present in this oil can not only make the colour last longer but also prevent your tresses from getting dry and brittle.
Warm 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and evenly distribute it all over the scalp area. After an hour, wash it off with lukewarm water. Try this twice a week for best results.
2. Apply Mayonnaise
Mayonnaise is a powerhouse of protein that can work wonders on your coloured hair. It can provide deep nourishment to your hair and soften its texture.
Once a week, treat your hair with this incredible remedy to ensure that your coloured hair looks gorgeous and feels soft. Just apply it to your hair and leave it there for about 30 minutes. Afterwards, use lukewarm water to rinse off the residue.
3. Use A Sulphate-free Shampoo
Shampoos that contain sulphate can wreak havoc on colour-treated hair. These shampoos can strip the colour from your hair and also make your locks appear lifeless and rough.
To prevent that from happening, just opt for a sulphate-free shampoo. Following this simple tip can make a world of difference to the health and appearance of your hair.
4. Rinse With White Vinegar Solution
Colouring your hair can cause build-up of impurities and toxins in your scalp. This, in turn, can lead to various harrowing hair-related conditions like dandruff, breakage, hair thinning, etc.
Avoid that by rinsing your hair with white vinegar solution on a weekly basis. Just mix 2 tablespoons of this remedy with a mug full of lukewarm water and rinse your hair with it.
5. Use A Moisture-rich Conditioner
Colour-treated hair requires a deep-conditioning treatment that can provide hydration and moisture to the scalp. For this to happen, you should start using a moisture-rich conditioner.
There are scores of such products that are available in the beauty stores. Treat your coloured hair with this type of a product to make sure that your tresses stay damage free.
6. Rinse With Beer
Coloured hair is bound to lose its shine over a period of time. And, dull-looking hair can completely ruin your entire look. That is why, it is imperative to use certain hair care ingredients that can prevent that from happening.
When it comes to providing shine to dull-looking hair, then there are a very few ingredients that are as effective as beer. Once a week, rinse your hair with beer to ensure that your coloured hair does not look dull.
7. Apply An Avocado Hair Mask
Chemicals present in hair-colouring products can cause a considerable damage to your hair. However, treating your hair with protein-packed avocado can prevent the colour compounds from damaging your hair.
Once a week, mash an avocado and slather the resulting paste on to your scalp area. After an hour, wash it off with lukewarm water.
8. Protect Your Hair From The Sun
Colour-treated hair needs to be protected from the sun, as exposure to the sun rays can make your hair dehydrated and also fade away the colour.
So, either cover up your head when stepping out or just start using leave-in conditioners to ensure that your hair strands are well protected from the harmful sun's rays.