- 3 hrs ago 12 Types Of Roommates That One May Come Across And How To Deal With Them
- 9 hrs ago People With Lung Cancer Have A High Risk Of Depression
- 9 hrs ago Pati Patni Aur Woh Actress Bhumi Pednekar Raises Mercury Levels With Her Eclectic Fashion!
- 10 hrs ago Gita Jayanti 2019: Know The History, Date And Significance Of This Day
- News Amid violence Jharkhand Assembly polls 2nd phase ended with 63.36% voters turnout
- Movies Aamir Khan Is Unrecognisable In His New Look From The Sets Of Laal Singh Chaddha
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Martial land big win for Solskjaer
- Technology OnePlus Exporting 5G Smartphones From India: Report
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Ageing is something not every one of us look forward to. Everyone wants to stay young or at least look the best! But alas! No one can hide the signs of ageing. And certainly not grey hair.
Greying of hair is probably the first sign of ageing, which is quite noticeable. There are many ways to hide these, like dyeing your hair, colouring or henna application. But what if people in their 20's or 30's are witnessing grey hair?
These are then not considered the signs of ageing, but of stress, pollution, wrong diet and unhealthy lifestyle.
Camouflaging grey hair can be tough for people in their 20's and 30's. Dyeing the hair will give it an unnatural look, while colouring the hair can only worsen the situation.
But do not stress about your grey tresses. We have compiled a list of natural remedies to treat and cure the problem of grey hair permanently.
Here are a few DIY methods to hide premature grey hair and reduce its appearance.
1) Onion And Lemon Juice:
This herbal remedy is one of the most potent ones in treating grey hair and herbalists swear by its power. Onion juice is rich in enzyme called catalase, which neutralizes hydrogen peroxide and reverses grey hair.
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 lemon
1) Peel the onion, cube it and put it in a mixer to form a paste.
2) Extract the juice from the paste and mix it with the juice of 1 lemon.
3) Apply this mixture onto the hair and scalp every night and you will see results soon.
2) Wheat Grass And Barley Grass:
Wheat grass and barley grass are also rich in catalase, which will reverse the issue of grey hair.
- A handful of wheat grass
- A handful of barley grass
1) Make a paste of the wheat grass and barley grass in a mixer.
2) Apply it onto the scalp and keep it overnight.
3) Wash off the paste in the morning.
3) Gooseberry, Almond Oil And Coconut Oil:
This amazing mixture is a very powerful remedy against grey hair.
- 4-5 dried gooseberries
- 2 tablespoons of almond oil
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1) Blend the dried gooseberries, almond oil and coconut oil in a blender.
2) Massage this mixture onto the scalp every night.
3) Wash off in the morning.
4) Curry Leaves Mixture:
This hair tonic is known to help promote darker pigmentation of hair due to its high level of B-group vitamins and is best combined with coconut oil for a more potent mix.
- A handful of curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1) Add a handful of curry leaves in a pot of boiling water.
2) Add the coconut oil and boil for 8-10 minutes until the leaves turn black.
3) Remove from fire and cool the mixture.
4) Strain the oil into the container and apply on the scalp and leave it overnight.
5) Wash your hair in the morning. Apply this oil 4-5 times in a week.
5) Black Seed And Olive Oil Treatment:
These two ingredients are known to reverse grey hair signs since ages. They also make your hair turn shiny, healthy and promote the growth of new hair follicles.
- 2 tablespoons of black seed oil
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
1) Mix the black seed oil and olive oil in a bowl.
2) Apply the mixture onto the scalp.
3) Wash off with warm water after an hour.
These remedies will surely help you in reversing the grey hair signs. However, you must remember that treating grey hair only externally may not give you the results quickly.
A combination of internal and external remedies may help you get rid of grey hair. It may help you to start taking a good liquid colloidal mineral supplement. Colloidal minerals contain all the minerals your body needs in a highly absorbable form, along with many other essential nutrients.
Black seed oil can also be taken internally for added benefit. Avoid the use of chemical-laden shampoos and hair dyes. Substitute coffee with matcha green tea. Also, make sure to include plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, and herbs such as garlic, ginger and turmeric.
The biggest reasons of grey hair appearing sooner are stress and smoking. Avoid these two and you will be getting grey hair only when you ought to!