- 41 min ago 8 Questions That Can Help To Find Out If Your Partner Is Ignoring You
- 1 hr ago Malaika Arora Owns The Red Carpet With Her Dual-Toned Gown And You Can’t Miss It!
- 2 hrs ago Legendary Actress Sridevi's Traditional Fashion Moments On Her 2nd Death Anniversary
- 3 hrs ago 7 Signs You Are Being Clingy In Your Relationship And How To Avoid
- Movies Meme-Fare! Prabhas’ Baahubali Avatar Wins Over Donald Trump Ahead Of His India Visit; Shares A Video
- News Microlight trainer aircraft, crashes in Patiala, IAF pilot killed
- Sports IPL 2020: Rishabh Pant, Shreyas Iyer, Nitish Rana amongst most stylish cricketers, says hairstylist Rashid Salmani
- Technology Oppo Find X2 To Launch Officially On March 6
- Finance 2nd Biggest Sensex Fall Of 2020; Rs 3 Lakh Crore Investor Wealth Gone
- Travel Top 15 Places To Visit In March To Welcome The Beginning Of Summer
- Automobiles NHAI Collects Rs 20 Crore In Fines From Vehicles Without FASTags
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Hair straightening is one of the quickest and trendiest ways women are opting for a quick makeover. Primarily, there are two kinds of hair straightening techniques followed - one, permanent hair straightening, which is possible only at a salon and is more like a treatment and two, temporary hair straightening that can be done both at the salon and home.
Whether you would want to opt for permanent or temporary hair straightening is your call - but, here are a list of shortcomings in the process of hair straightening that you need to be aware of.
No matter what the process is or with what expertise it is done, there are a few disadvantages of hair straightening, which we have listed below. So, take a read, before you opt for it.
No 'Permanent' Hair Straightening
Well, there is actually "NO" permanent solution for hair straightening. Even if you do the one in the salon, you have to be a regular visitor to the salon to maintain it. In fact, permanent hair straightening service available in salons is time consuming and it is not possible in one seating. Once done, in a month's interval, one has to visit the salon to redo the treatment and maintain the straightened hair.
Hair Straightening Is Expensive
There are different types in hair straightening like keratin treatment, hair rebonding and so on. Whichever you opt for, as mentioned earlier, it is not a permanent remedy in reality, as you have to get back to the salon to retouch it. Yet, these hair straightening services cost a bomb, as the salons use expensive equipment and ingredients during the process. So, before heading to the salon for straightening your hair, ensure you are all set for a big hole in your pocket.
Might Damage Your Hair
Hair straightening can actually damage your hair. During the process of hair straightening, hot metal plates are run through the hair, which takes off its natural moisture, making it dry and easily breakable. Next, the chemicals used in the process of hair straightening in salons include alkali creams, sodium products that are really not ideal for any kind of a hair.
Lack Of Nourishment For The Hair
During hair straightening, as heat runs over your hair, it does not let the natural nourishment of the hair to stay. To ensure that the hair continues to get its natural nourishment even during the process of hair straightening, you can apply some olive oil with your fingers. Instruct the same to your hair stylist and they can do the same in order to protect your hair. As olive oil is very light, it does not damage the texture of the hair and yet plays its own role on your hair.
Might Lead To More Of Dermatologist Visits
Even well-known hair stylists have records of burning the hair scalp while doing the hair straightening process. As the metal pad is really hot, you need to ensure that the hair straightening is happening slow and careful. Extra attention should be paid if you are using a hair straightener all by yourself. If your scalp gets burnt, it's a major accident that dermats alone can treat.