Deep conditioning is an effective way of treating damaged and dull-looking hair. This treatment can restore moisture to your hair follicles and provide them with much-needed nourishment thereby improving their texture and appearance.
Apart from that, deep conditioning your hair can also promote growth and strengthen your hair. For this treatment, you can either use a commercial conditioning product or just prepare your own deep conditioning mask using natural ingredients that are 100% safe, effective and inexpensive.
And, when it comes to providing deep nourishment to your hair, there are very few ingredients that work as effectively as yogurt. A powerhouse of proteins and lactic acid, yogurt is a miraculous ingredient that can boost your hair's health and also make it soft and smooth.
Here we've listed some of the best yogurt deep conditioning hair masks you can prepare within a jiffy for getting healthy and luscious locks.
1. Yogurt + Almond Oil
- Combine 4 teaspoons of yogurt with 2 tablespoons of almond oil.
- Massage the mask onto your scalp and apply it to the tips of your hair as well.
- Let it dry for an hour before washing your head with tepid water.
- This deep conditioning mask can work wonders on dry hair.
2. Yogurt + Honey
- Simply merge 2 tablespoons of yogurt with 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Apply it to your scalp and tresses.
- Let it stay there for about 30 minutes before washing your head with a mild shampoo.
- Use this deep conditioning mask on a weekly basis to get smooth and soft hair.
3. Yogurt -Egg + Coconut Oil
- Create a blend of 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 1 egg and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Put the resulting mask all over your scalp area as well as your tresses.
- Leave it on for an hour before washing your head with a herbal shampoo and tepid water.
- This deep conditioning mask can be used twice a month for getting shiny and gorgeous hair.
4. Yogurt - Banana + Rose Water
- Mash a ripe banana and mix it with 1 tablespoon of yogurt and rose water.
- Treat your scalp area and tresses with the resulting mask.
- After an hour, wash your head with tepid water.
- Biweekly application can help you achieve voluminous hair.
5. Yogurt + Avocado
- Just mash an avocado and mix it with 3 tablespoons of fresh yogurt.
- Slather the mask on your scalp and also towards the tips of your tresses.
- Leave it on for a good 40 minutes before washing it off with a herbal shampoo and tepid water.
- Use this effective deep conditioning mask to improve the texture of your hair.
6. Yogurt - Aloe Vera Gel + Lemon Juice
- Combine 2 tablespoons of yogurt with 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Put this deep conditioning mask all over your head.
- Leave it to dry for about 30-35 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Give this homemade mask a try to nourish your hair from the roots.
7. Yogurt - Olive Oil + Apple Cider Vinegar
- Create a concoction of 2 tablespoons of yogurt, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and ½ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Gently massage the mask all over your scalp.
- Leave it there for another 30 minutes before washing your hair with lukewarm water.
- Monthly application of this deep conditioning mask can yield great results for your hair.
8. Yogurt + Coconut Milk
- Simply merge 3 tablespoons of yogurt with 1 tablespoon of coconut milk.
- Slather the prepared paste-like material on your scalp and massage with your fingertips for about 5 minutes.
- Leave it for another 40 minutes prior to washing your hair with tepid water.
- Get long and strong hair by using this deep conditioning mask on a weekly basis.
- DIY Yogurt Masks For Skin And Hair
- Amazing Benefits Of Yogurt For Glowing Skin You Probably Didn't Know
- Moisturizing Masks To Tackle Extremely Flaky Scalp
- 12 Healthy Foods Rich In Iodine
- 14 Foods Rich In Zinc For Good Health
- 11 Home Remedies For Burning Sensation In The Stomach
- Top Foods Rich In Calcium
- Glow-Boosting Homemade Yogurt Face Masks
- 10 Food Combinations To Avoid That Can Harm Your Health
- How To Prepare Moong Dal Dahi Vada Recipe
- 9 Common Foods To Prevent Colon Cancer
- Dahi Bhindi: How To Make Okra Yogurt Gravy Recipe