- 17 min ago Vidya Balan Impresses Us With Her Sari And Her Jewellery Set Is A Gift From Her Sister
- 1 hr ago Chata, The Cute Munchkin Kitten With The Cutest Sleeping Poses!
- 2 hrs ago On Regina Cassandra's Birthday, Take A Look At Her Impeccable Fashion Sense
- 2 hrs ago Viral: This Adorable Penguin Migrates 8,000 KM Every Year To Meet The Man Who Saved It
- Technology Reliance Digital 'The Big December Sale' Discounts: Right Time To Buy Mobiles, Smart TVs And More
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana: 2019 Has Been My Biggest Year
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Finance Nirmala Sitharaman Debuts In Forbes 2019 World's 100 Most Powerful Women List
- News IMA Ponzi scam: ED attaches Rs 10 crore assets in 'Islamic banking or halal investment'
- Sports Rumour Has It: Guardiola has break clause in Manchester City contract
- Automobiles Tata Altroz India Launch Date Confirmed: To Rival The Maruti Suzuki Baleno
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Everyone talks about the benefits of once-a-week scalp cleansing treatment with a clarifying shampoo. It is generally recommended that you should be using a clarifying shampoo once in a week, so that it helps to deeply condition your hair and also clarify the scalp.
So, before we proceed to the benefits of using a clarifying shampoo, let us know what is a clarifying shampoo.
What Is A Clarifying Shampoo?
Clarifying shampoos are often known as cleansing or detoxifying shampoos. They are designed in such a way that they help to remove the stubborn dirt, dust, and grime build-up from the scalp.
Clarifying shampoos are generally thick and slippery as compared to other shampoos and conditioners, which can help to remove the wax, silicone and other harmful chemicals present on the scalp.
Also Read: How to know to switch your shampoo
Most of the clarifying shampoos are generally formulated to cleanse your scalp gently but do not contain moisturising agents as compared to other shampoos or conditioners.
So, if you dream about getting soft and silky hair, this is not possible by using a clarifying shampoo, as it does not contain any moisturising ingredient in it.
Well, here we mention to you some of the reasons on why you should use a clarifying shampoo. Read on to know about the benefits of using a clarifying shampoo.
1. Removes The Chemical Buildup From The Scalp
One prime and important function of a clarifying shampoo is that it helps to remove the chemical build-up from the scalp. It helps to get rid of the stubborn dirt, which gets accumulated after using a silicone-based conditioner or if you have used styling products recently.
Also, it works well on wax and silicone that gets accumulated and forms a thick layer on the scalp. So, if you try a lot of things on the head, it is better to be using a clarifying shampoo once in a week.
2. Helps To Boost Consistency For Straight And Fine Hair
People who have straight and fine hair often struggle with boosting hair volume because their tresses almost remain unaffected with any product. Straight or fine hair generally sticks to the forehead and face which may result in accumulation of oil on the scalp, making it further sticky. So in order to give a slight boost and make your tresses look voluminous, clarifying shampoo can be used. Using a clarifying shampoo can help to boost hair growth.
3. Treats Oily Scalp
Oily scalp occurs due to substances getting accumulated on the upper layer of the scalp. Using a clarifying shampoo should be a trick to moisturize and nourish your oily and greasy scalp. You can keep using a clarifying shampoo every alternate day, so that it helps to remove the build-up easily.
Clarifying shampoo is less harmful on your hair and hence can be used every alternate day. However, you should make sure that you don't use a clarifying shampoo as your regular shampoo on your highlighted hair, as it may fade away the colour.
4. Can Be Used As A Hair Mask
If you want to enjoy moisturised, voluminous and healthy hair, you should use clarifying shampoo as a hair mask. You should use a clarifying shampoo as a pre-wash mask, as it helps to deeply condition your hair and also fights with dirt and grime on scalp to give you the best possible results.
Apply some clarifying mask and make sure you concentrate on the roots as well. Wait for 15 minutes and gently work on your scalp. Wash off with lukewarm water. Use regular shampoo after using the clarifying hair mask.
5. To Prevent Hair Damage From Chlorine
Those who are into swimming are often troubled due to the presence of chlorine in water, which may be the reason for any scalp or hair damage. Chlorine present in the swimming water may often damage the scalp and leave you with lifeless, dull and thin hair.
In order to get rid of the chlorine build-up in the scalp and also treat hard hair, clarifying shampoo can be used. As soon as you step out of the swimming pool, use a clarifying shampoo to get best results.
6. To Prepare The Hair For Hair Colouring Treatment
According to the beauty experts, it is believed that you should be using a clarifying shampoo before applying any hair colour. Clarifying shampoo ensures that there is no build-up or chemical accumulation on the scalp, which makes sure that your hair gets coloured without any efforts. Also, due to accumulation of extra oil on the scalp, it may strip off the colour from the hair. It is recommended to use a clarifying shampoo once or twice before colouring your hair.