- 19 min ago Pinkathon Mumbai 2019: From Milind Soman To Tahira Kashyap, Celebs Cheer Women Participants
- 54 min ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas And Kim Kardashian West Will Inspire You To Have Warm And Soft Coats
- 1 hr ago Ananya Panday And Bhumi Pednekar’s Chic Outfits Are Ideal For Casual Parties
- 2 hrs ago Asha Parekh Exudes Regal Vibes With Her Resplendent Silk Saris
- News PM Modi’s election valid rules HC
- Technology No More Charging Ports For Apple iPhone in 2021: Report
- Sports WWE Friday Night SmackDown preview & schedule: December 6, 2019
- Movies Gaurav Gera On Neha Kakkar's Body-shaming Video: We Were Given Lines To Enact By Writers & Channel
- Finance Here’s Why You Should Preserve The Receipts/Bills Of Your Gold Purchase
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Did you know other than adding a tangy taste to your cooking, lemon is a great ingredient for hair as well? Well, if you still doubt if lemon is really useful for your hair or not, let us tell you that lemon is extremely useful for your scalp and hair.
It helps to strengthen your scalp and also assists in providing longer and stronger hair. However, if you are just in case searching for an ingredient that is cheap and effective on scalp and hair, here we introduce to you some of the important benefits of using lemon for hair.
From treating hair loss, dandruff to improving the scalp condition to regulate good hair growth, lemon juice proves to have a myriad of benefits for the hair and scalp, read on.
1. Treats Itchy Scalp
Itchy scalp is an embarrassing situation when you end up scratching your scalp every time. An easy and effective home remedy that can help to treat itchy scalp is using lemon juice every day. Massage your scalp with a few drops of lemon juice and wait for a couple of minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water after some time. This will allow treating the itchy scalp condition completely.
2. Treats Oily Scalp
People who have active sebaceous glands generally release a high amount of oil on the scalp, leading to stickiness between the tresses. One among the best solutions that helps to extract excess oil from the scalp is using lemon. Allow your scalp to get completely soaked in lemon juice and wait for a few hours. Wash off with lukewarm water.
3. Treats Dandruff
One ultimate solution to treat dandruff is using lime juice. Using lemon is a natural remedy that helps to get rid of the dandruff flakes and allows keeping your scalp healthy and strong. Due to the high amount of citric acid present in the lemon, it helps to reduce dandruff naturally. However, if you feel the irritation of citric acid on the scalp, you may dilute lemon juice with water. So, add some water with lemon juice and then apply it on your scalp.
4. Gives You Straight Hair
If you dream to get straight hair through a natural method, here is the best solution to do that. Take one-fourth cup of lemon juice and add in 10 spoons of coconut oil to it. Now, mix both the ingredients together and wash off with lukewarm water. Make sure you apply the mask on every hair strand and comb it in a downward direction using a wide-toothed brush.
5. Helps To Exfoliate Your Scalp
Lemon juice contains exfoliating properties that help to pull out the toxins and dirt from the scalp. If you want to get rid of dandruff and build-ups easily, make use of lemon juice. Apply some lemon juice and enjoy a healthy scalp.
6. For Hair Growth
One among the secret tricks to make your hair grow fast is using lemon. Due to Vitamin C present in lemon, it helps to boost the growth of hair and also strengthens the follicles of hair. Take equal quantities of coconut oil, olive oil and lemon juice. Now, mix both the ingredients together and apply it on the scalp. Wait for some time and wash off.
7. Treats Split Ends
Lemon proves to be effective in treating split ends as well. Make sure you trim off the split ends from below and then use lemon for treating the split ends. Take 5-6 spoons of olive oil and add some lemon juice to it. Apply this on your split ends and wash off with a mild shampoo.
8. Treats Hair Loss
If you are dealing with too much of hair loss, start using lemon, as it helps treat hair loss directly. Take some lemon juice and add cumin seeds powder and black ground pepper. Now, mix them together and apply it on your scalp. Wash off with lukewarm water.