- 28 min ago Covid-19: Omicron Detected In 79% Samples Sequenced In January In Delhi, Delta Found In 13% Samples
- 50 min ago Expert Article: 7 Warning Signs Of Brain Tumour To Be Aware Of
- 2 hrs ago Beijing Olympics 2022: 5 Points To Understand COVID Tests And Protocol At The Winter Olympics In China
- 3 hrs ago Omicron: Everything You Need To Know About The COVID Variant's Symptoms, Isolation And Recovery
- Movies Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai's Harshad Chopda Talks About Content; Reveals Why He Hasn't Done Any OTT Projects
- Sports Ranji Trophy: BCCI to conduct premier domestic tournament in 2 parts, league phase in February, KOs in June
- News PM Narendra Modi inspects National Cadet Corps NCC rally at Cariappa Ground in Delhi
- Finance Union Budget 2022: No Halwa Ceremony This Year To Maintain Safety Protocol
- Technology Facebook Messenger Introduces Snapchat-Like Screenshot Notification; GIFs, Message Reaction Also Added
- Automobiles Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- Education Lala Lajpat Rai Birth Anniversary: Some Lesser-Known Facts About Punjab Kesari
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In Winter Of 2022
The pain of having to wash your hair, every second day, to keep the grease from weighing down your hair is real!
We figured it makes more sense to get to the root of the problem than fighting it aimlessly. Learn about unconscious or conscious things we do that make our scalp greasy. And tweak those habits to get on our way to a healthy scalp.
Fact Check: Grease in your scalp is mostly accumulated dirt and natural hair oil. It is this natural oil that protects your hair against outside elements, stimulates hair follicles and nourishes hair strands.
Now, your objective is to cleanse your scalp of the accumulated dirt, unclog pores and CONTROL natural oil production. Not strip the scalp of its natural oils.
Basically, restore the pH balance of the scalp and maintain a healthy environment for your mane to grow.
So far, we were under the impression that things like humid weather, not washing hair enough, etc., causes the oil to build up.
However, surprisingly, there reasons for greasy scalp that extend beyond these hair care rituals. Have a look.
One the contrary, repeated washing of the hair does more damage than any good. Washing hair strips scalp of its natural oil. The sweat glands go on an overdrive producing more oils to compensate for the lost oil, making your hair greasy.
Another thing you should not do if you have oily hair is to touch your mane too much. Just like your skin, when you touch your hair too much, oil and bacteria from your hand gets transferred to your scalp, making it greasy.
Using A Lot of Conditioner
The more conditioner you use, the better it is for your hair, right? Wrong! Using too much of a conditioner or not rinsing it out thoroughly, will weigh down your hair, making it limp and greasy. Furthermore, never apply conditioner on your scalp and use it only on hair ends.
One of the prime culprits behind oil buildup is using the wrong shampoo. If you have coloured hair, use a shampoo that is specifically designed for coloured hair. Similarly, for greasy hair, pick a shampoo that works well with your hair texture and type to avoid more oil buildup.
Overdoing Hair Spray
Hair spray keeps your style intact, prevents frizzy hair and keeps annoying fly-aways at bay. But what it also does is chock hair follicles with harsh chemicals, which can either trigger hair loss or make your scalp greasy.
Just like your makeup brush, take two minutes of your time to clean your hair brush, every once in a while. Even though it looks clean, it is probably a major carrier of dirt, bacteria, dead skin cells and oil,which eventually get transferred onto your scalp, making it more greasy.
Stress is the harbinger of unhealthy skin, greasy scalp and hair loss. Stress disrupts the hormonal balance of your body, which in turn causes your scalp to produce more oil, making your hair greasy.
- hair careGreasy And Oily Hair? Here Are Some Quick Tips To Fix It Without Washing
- hair careHere’s Your Guide On How To Oil Train Your Hair
- women fashion5 Chic Hairstyles To Disguise Greasy Hair
- hair careHow Frequently Should You Wash Your Hair Based On Your Hair Type
- hair careBid Goodbye To Oily Hair, Try This Sea Salt Remedies
- hair care12 Effective Ingredients To Use For Oily Hair And Scalp This Monsoon
- hair careTips For Oily Haired Beauties: #1 - Do Not Wash Hair Every Day
- hair careEasy & Effective Tricks To Treat Oily Scalp!
- hair careHair Hacks That Will Make Your Life Easy!
- hair careHow To Style Unwashed, Greasy Hair
- hair care7 Best Home Remedies For Greasy Hair
- hair care7 Natural Ways To Stop Your Hair From Getting Oily