- Technology Fast Charging Your iPhones Might Be Bad Idea After All
- Movies AVTA 2019 Winners List: Harshad Chopda, Erica Fernandes & Others Bag Awards
- News Jharkhand Polls: Cong fields Gourav Vallabh against CM Raghubar Das from Jamshedpur East
- Sports Afghanistan vs West Indies, 2nd T20I: Janat picks 5/11 as Afghanistan level series against West Indies
- Automobiles Bajaj Working On A More Powerful Electric Scooter To Be Sold Under KTM Or Husqvarna Branding
- Travel Hajo - The Pride Of Assam
- Finance Anil Ambani And 4 Others Resign As RCom Directors
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
As a bride, you need to take optimum care of your skin, moisturise enough, lather on that SPF and the sacred rule - never try a new product too close to your wedding date - check to all that.
However, are you investing even half of that time on your hair care? If not, you might be committing a grave mistake, and here is why.
Also Read: Skin Care Tips For The Bride To Be
From perming, curling, ironing to intensive amount of blow drying done on wedding day, your hair can definitely turn brittle, dry and prone to breakage.
And the sheer number of boby pins painfully shoved throughout your scalp to keep every single strand in place is like sewing in needles with your hair.
Also Read: Bridal Beauty: Care Tips
Not just that, the high volume of hair spray used can leave your hair crunchy, dry and can cause scalp infection.
To avoid all that and more, here are some natural remedies that will strengthen your hair from the roots, nourish strands and give your mane the resiliency required to stand strong on the 'D-Day'.
Stick By The Basic Rules
Whether marriage or no marriage, there are a few rules that you should never break.
- Trim your hair every six to eight weeks to keep split ends at bay.
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water to keep your hair well moisturised and prevent scalp dryness.
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun and if you have to step out, cover your hair with a scarf to minimise the damage.
- If you have coloured hair, use shampoos specifically designed for your hair.
Nourishing Mustard Hair Oil
If you have damaged hair, start with the damage control, immediately. The earlier you start, the better your hair will be on the D-day. Here is a coconut and mustard oil treatment that will nourish your hair from deep within, making it silky, bouncy and thick.
Method To Use
Mix four tablespoons of coconut oil with an equal quantity of mustard oil. Heat it. Let the oil cool for a while. Massage the oil on to your scalp for a few minutes and leave it overnight. Rinse your hair with a mild shampoo in the morning. For best results, try this method twice in a week.
DIY pH Balanced Shampoo
First step to great hair is eliminating those toxins from your hair care routine. Here is a pH-balanced natural hair shampoo that your scalp will be thankful for.
- 1 can of organic coconut shampoo
- ¾th cup of pure aloe vera shampoo
- Essential oils of your choice
Method To Use
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, whisk until they incorporate well. Pour the mixture in an ice tray and leave it in the refrigerator to solidify. To use, take one ice cube out and keep it for a few hours. Use it as your regular shampoo.
Enriching Hair Mask
Just like your skin, your hair too needs some pampering. Here is a deep-conditioning treatment, you can do at home.
- 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
Method To Use
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, whisk until the components combine well. Using a cotton ball, apply the mixture to your hair. Using your index finger, massage your scalp for a few minutes. Wrap your head with a hot towel. Leave it on for an hour. Wash your hair with herbal shampoo and pat dry.
Your wedding is not the time to try a new hair cut, go in for a trendy hair colour, or try out that new hair product in the market, if anything, you need to steer clear from them.
Adverse reaction to even a single ingredient would mean scalp infection, which can only result in hair fall.
Pump Up Your Nutrient Intake
We cannot emphasis on this enough. Your hair and skin is the direct reflection of your health. Munch on fresh veggies, slurp up on fresh fruit juices and bag on the nuts and protein-rich lean meat as much as you can. You will be surprised with the results.
And the list tip, be calm, breathe easy and enjoy your moment. If you have any more tips, do share them with us in the comment section below.