- 7 hrs ago 6 Ways In Which You Can Encourage Your Baby To Crawl
- 8 hrs ago Karisma Kapoor Looks Elegant In Her Vibrant Yet Understated Suit
- 8 hrs ago Looking After Your Children Is Necessary, But Mothers Should Have Their ‘Me Time’ First
- 8 hrs ago Kalki Koechlin's Traditional Outfits Are Perfect For Women Who Are Fabric Connoisseurs
- Sports Dominika Cibulkova retires aged 30
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Choti Sarrdaarni Slips To 2nd Spot; Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka Witnesses Jump
- News Will work to form govt in Maharashtra, won’t reveal numbers now: Narayan Rane
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 Renders Leak: Punch-Hole Design, Quad Rear Cameras Hinted
- Travel Mandi – An Unexplored Gem Of India
- Automobiles Hyundai Confirms New Compact Sedan To Be Called Aura
- Finance India’s Q2 GDP Growth May Be At 4.2%: SBI Report
- Education National Education Day: Why It Is Celebrated On Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Birthday
One of the ill-effects of having an oily scalp is scalp acne. So, you thought acne can only strike your face? Well, if overproduction of oil on the face can lead to acne, the same can happen to the scalp as well. So, that's why we are sharing with you certain natural ways to deal with scalp acne.
When the oil level on the scalp is present in excess, it inevitably leads to the scalp getting itchy and if it's worse, acne can also form. Most people are really surprised when they find acne on their scalp because the concept is so unheard of.
But, trust us, it does happen, mostly to people who have oily skin accompanying an oily scalp.
These can get worse on itching, as they could burst and even bleed. It is mostly a result of not washing your hair as often as you should, which leads to the overproduction of sebum combined with dirt and grime deposits.
However, with a few basic home remedies, you can avoid the problem of scalp acne all together, and even get rid of the acne that has already been formed. So, keep reading to find out how.
1. Tea Tree Oil:
If the acne boils are where you can see them, you can just apply tea tree oil to them. This will heal the scalp acne over night. This is one of the best natural remedies for scalp acne.
2. Peppermint Oil:
How to deal with scalp acne at home? Well, this oil would soothe the boil and reduce itching to a great extent, so go in for peppermint oil to treat scalp acne effectively.
3. Aloe Vera Gel:
The gel from aloe vera plant is known to provide relief to the burning, itchy skin. This can be applied to the scalp as well to soothe scalp acne.
Lemon juice helps reduce sebum production and maintain the optimal pH level of the skin. Massage lemon juice on your scalp and wash after 15 minutes. Now, this is a perfect natural way to deal with scalp acne!
5. Baking Soda:
A paste made out of baking soda and water can be substituted for a shampoo and this would help reduce the oiliness of the scalp. This is one of the best home remedies to get rid of scalp acne.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar is well known for reducing inflammation. Massage a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water on your scalp and wash it after 15 minutes.
7. Green Tea:
Brew some green tea and apply it on your scalp. This would help get rid of the oiliness in no time. Home beauty tips for scalp acne couldn't get better than this!
8. White Vinegar:
Make a mix of white vinegar and water and pour it into a spray bottle. Spritz this close to your scalp to keep all itchiness at bay. That's how you use this natural way to deal with scalp acne.
Another thing you could do when you can see the acne is to rub garlic on it for a few seconds. Garlic has anti-inflammatory properties that'll effectively curb the development of acne.
Applying yogurt on the scalp before washing it can really help cool it down. Do this once every week to get rid of scalp acne fast.
Grate a cucumber and strain out the juice from it. Apply this juice on your scalp. This will help cool the area down and stop you from itching. This is one home remedy for scalp acne you can truly rely on.
Mix salt in your shampoo to help soak up excessive oil from the scalp. This is one of the easiest home remedies for scalp acne.