- 6 hrs ago What The--! Thousands Of Penis Fishes Found On California Beach
- 6 hrs ago Scientists Develop Once-a-month Contraceptive Pill, Human Trials To Be Done Soon
- 7 hrs ago A 78-Year-Old Pensioner Gets A Christmas Surprise And The Video Will Move You To Tears
- 7 hrs ago The Navy Officer’s Wife Vidya Raju Rescues 20 Kg Python, Video Goes Viral
- Technology NASA Finds Water Ice On Mars; Could Life Be Possible?
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Faced 3 To 4 Rejections From Aditya Chopra Before He Cracked Ishaqzaade Audition
- Sports Injured Bhuvneshwar Kumar may miss the ODI series against West Indies
- News Refineries shut, fuel crisis likely in Northeast if agitation continues
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
We have been hearing so much about kale, and its magical properties for hair, that we decided it is about time we discover exactly what kale hair masks can do! Turns out, they can do a lot more than what we'd imagined!
It may not seem palatable, but this humble green veggie is a powerhouse of essential vitamins and minerals.
It meets roughly 90% of the body's vitamin C requirement, which boosts collagen level, improves elasticity of the hair, which in turn gives your mane flexibility and smoothness.
Not just that, kale is a powerhouse of zinc, iron, copper and potassium, all of which promote regeneration of new hair cells and reduce breakage.
Vitamin B complex found in kale promotes generation of red blood cells, which in turn aids transportation of oxygen and nutrients to the scalp follicles.
Added to all that, kale contains a high ratio of omega-3 fatty acids, which promote healthy scalp condition, breaking down the flaky dandruff and restoring the pH balance.
It's amazing how we invest exorbitant money on pricey hair care products and forgo to appreciate the simplest staples that perhaps bring the most benefits, right?
So, here are some perfect kale hair mask recipes that you need to try today!
Hair Strengthening Mask
Take four kale leaves, add a tablespoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of olive oil. Grind them together into a smooth paste. Wet your hair and apply the mask. Let the herbal kale hair mask for thicker hair stay for 15 to 30 minutes and then rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
Hair Smoothening Mask
Take 1 egg white, add in 10 drops of almond oil, and 1 teaspoon of kale juice. Mix all the ingredients together. Slightly dampen your hair and apply the DIY kale mask for stronger hair. Let it sit for 30 minutes, and then shampoo and condition as usual.
Hair Repair Mask
Take 1 tablespoon of mashed avocado, and mix it with ½ a cup of yogurt and 1/4th cup of coconut milk with a teaspoon of kale juice. Beat it until all the ingredients mix well. Spritz your hair with some water, and using a brush or squeeze bottle, apply the mask from hair roots to ends. Tie your hair in a loose bun, and let the mask sit for approximately 30 minutes. Later, shampoo and condition as usual.
Mix 1 tablespoon of banana, with 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon of coconut milk, and 1 teaspoon of olive oil, along with 1 teaspoon of kale juice. In a blender, mix all the ingredients together, until you get a smooth paste. Divide your hair in small sections, and apply the kale mask for hair growth from the roots to the tip. Let your hair soak in the therapeutic mask for approximately 30 to 40 minutes, then rinse it clean with a mild cleanser.
Split End Mask
Take 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 10 drops of rosemary oil and a teaspoon of dried kale leaves powder. Mix until all the ingredients blend well. Massage it on to your scalp and hair length. Let it sit for an hour. Later, wash it off with a mild shampoo.
If you want to make your hair stronger, longer and denser fast, we'd suggest you infuse the nutritional properties of kale directly into your bloodstream, by including it regularly in your diet. A glass of fresh kale juice, taken for a month, with breakfast can work wonders on your hair.
Also, if you have any more tips on how to use kale on hair, do share it with us in the comment section below.